+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Moved too fast and she got scared...Advice Please!!

Moved too fast and she got scared...Advice Please!!

Here's my story:
    I started dating this girl in September, she had recently got out of one long relationship and one that was short but seemed to be serious for her. I really liked her to start with and she was really affectionate towards me. Things progressed fairly quick and we would spend at least 3 nights together per week. Around November I could tell she was getting a bit distant. In December she tells me that she wasn't ready for another boyfriend and cried a lot before she left. I wasn't really sure where I stood. A couple of days later she comes over to exchange some gifts, we hug and then kiss. She comes by the next night and I tell her that we could still date without having the label on it. She says that's fine. I watch her dog while she is home for Christmas. When she comes back we hang out all day and have a good time. One of her guy friends texts her and wants to watch a hockey game. I know him and I know there is nothing there so I had no problem. We all hung out together but she was completely different. I got a little upset but didn't say anything. I REALLY do like her a lot and I'm sure she has feelings for me too. So I want to talk to her this Sunday. I was thinking of just breaking it off completely, but now I am thinking that I could tell her we can still date each other and not spend so much time together and see where it goes and hope things just progress slowly. Any advice?

She sounds immature and if you continue to date her, you will only see more drama from her. She sounds like she doesn't know what she wants. Are you ready to deal with all that drama and confusion? I wouldn't. I'd find someone more mature.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

Quote Originally Posted by dino9401 View Post
    ...but now I am thinking that I could tell her we can still date each other and not spend so much time together and see where it goes and hope things just progress slowly. Any advice?
    No, this isn't what you want therefore its not good enough. Both people need to be on a timeline they're happy with, otherwise you're wasting each others time. If you have to settle with seeing her less than you want just to make her happy, then its not worth it. You'll spend long days and nights alone wondering what she is doing etc. Just break it off, trust me.

Been there, done that.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley