+ Follow This Topic

Thread: K Guys, I need your expert opinion :-D

K Guys, I need your expert opinion :-D

I need you ex-pert opinion on ex-relationships :-D Haha get it? Ahem, moving on..

In short, I broke up with the bf because our lives were heading in 2 different directions. He's 28, Indian, parents still follow the arranged marriage system. I'm 21, not Indian, and will be spending my next 5 yrs pursuing a career in rehabilitation. We both agreed we still wanted to keep in contact.

3 weeks after breakup, we met/had dinner. He told me he would visit his parents in India. I thought he'd probably come back engaged. So he called me 2 days before leaving, and on the day of. Said he would call me when he gets back. When I never heard from him after 2 weeks of his arrival, I sent him a message saying I respect if he wants to end contact but just give me a reason why.

These are his responses:
    Him: " i haven't broken off contact or anything .. we are still cool... aren't we ?"

Me: "sorry I didn't see this until now..I just got back from work. Okay first off, I want to apologize for my weird behavior. Second, yeah we are cool :-) Hope you had a good weekend!

Him: "If anything I should be apologizing. It was not right of me to not just contact you. So sorry about that, your behavior was perfectly natural and dare I say restrained. Anyways do message me or call me up when you are free.. If possible we should also meet some time and get some sushi perhaps... "

I texted him. He responded. We texted for a little bit & then I said goodnight because I didn't want to talk for too long. He said he'll chat with me later but seeing how things are going, I know it's going to be much much later.

Ok, so why do I even care, I was the one who broke up with him right? Obviously I still have feelings for him. What should I do?

Well you have to admit there is no hope of marrying this guy, but nothing wrong with being friends if that is OK with the two of you.

Thanks for your post.

Why did you ask for a "reason" why he broke contact? You dumped him, so he might just wander off, ya know? That's what happens.

You didnt specify why you called it off beside the differences you are going thru in your respective lives so i would have to say if you cant handle all the cultural difference get out the ring but if you think you can well fight for your love but if you cant well i must stress that you two just cut all contact because staying in touch is brutal