+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Not sure about a girl / adding her on facebook

Not sure about a girl / adding her on facebook

Hi.

There is a girl from work I met recently and I really like by now. The problem is that I rarely get to see her at work and when I do it's only for a minute or so.

During one, a bit longer, encounter I a got a feeling that she might actually like me, but I'm sure about that anymore. It seems I'm not able to think objectively about this.

Anyway, I managed to find her on facebook, but it's a private profile: what do you think, will it seem stalker-ish to add her? We have no mutual friends.

I'm just concerned she might feel uncomfortable, since there is probably a reason that she set her profile that way. Also, maybe she might find it awkward not to add me, even if she didn't want to : D

What do you think?

Definitely do not add her on facebook, but you can always just message her, explaining that you have seen her at work at your named company and you are in this department, and the opportunity to approach her never came up.

Maybe if you say that i'll drop by and say hi, and maybe sit with her for
    lunch if she wouldn't mind having some company, it might go somewhere.

Wait until she is comfortable being around you, and wants to share her information.

forget Facebook and focus more on talking to her in person. interacting with her face to face will help you get to know each other and determine if you will end up dating or be interested in each other. it would be creepy to add her especially since you don't know her well and it's a private profile

Screw Facebook, screw Twitter, and all that other crap.

Just ask her if she would like to have lunch with you some time.

Just say that you have a good impression on her and ask her if you can make friends with her. As a polite woman, she will say "yes". And then you will get a chance to talk to her. If it is possible to turn the relation from friendship to love or not, it depends on you

Quote Originally Posted by sonnenschein View Post
    Just say that you have a good impression on her and ask her if you can make friends with her. As a polite woman, she will say "yes". And then you will get a chance to talk to her. If it is possible to turn the relation from friendship to love or not, it depends on you
    I would not say you want to "make friends with her." As to me that is setting you up for the friend zone. IMHO, like others have suggested invite to lunch, have a real conversation with her, and see if you guys hit it off.
    Last edited by FlaCooln; 25-02-13 at 10:06 PM.

Oh and make sure you set the lunch up the right way. Don't say lets do lunch. Rather, invite her to lunch as in I would love to take you to lunch (showing that you are paying). It is a subtle difference, but can change her whole midest of the lunch.