+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it necessary wrong to flirt with a guy who has a girlfriend?

Is it necessary wrong to flirt with a guy who has a girlfriend?

I hope this topic hasnt been beaten to death already. .Im interested in a guy at my school, but I believe he just started dating this girl within the last few weeks. Ive never met her; from what Ive gathered she lives about 2-3 hours away.

I am falling for this guy and the things he does give me the impression he likes me too. For instance, he chats with me a lot, asks my opinions on things, smiles and laughs often with me. But I try not to show that I like him too much because part of me feels bad about potentially ruining the relationship he has with this other girl.. Am I wrong to want to flirt back? It's gotten to the point where I'm afraid to look at him directly if he's acting too nice because I'm trying to prevent my attraction from showing.

Opinions appreciated..

oh, *necessarily
    Last edited by kitty001; 13-01-09 at 01:22 AM.

because you said that you are falling for him i say no it's not a good idea.

overall tho if its friendly banter and friendly flirting where both aren't that interested then its all good
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Keep it light, as Eco says. If you have feelings, keep them hidden until he is available. If he pursues you first, you need to let him know clearly you do not date 'taken' guys.

That is, if you think that stealing someones BF/GF is wrong. If not, then have at it and good luck.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

It's not necessarily "wrong"- there's no ring on his finger. It isn't cool, though, and you should think about how it looks to everyone around you. Some people would judge you pretty harshly for being too friendly with a guy that's even a little bit taken.
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    It's not necessarily "wrong"- there's no ring on his finger. It isn't cool, though, and you should think about how it looks to everyone around you. Some people would judge you pretty harshly for being too friendly with a guy that's even a little bit taken.
    Bingo - my personal belief is that messing with someone who is in a relationship is morally wrong and I WILL look down on you for it. Its a cowardly act in my eyes.

Someone else is bound to disagree, its all opinion.

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger

Bo is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    How would u feel if someone was all up on your man? You judge it for yourself...

Quote Originally Posted by kitty001 View Post
    I hope this topic hasnt been beaten to death already. .Im interested in a guy at my school, but I believe he just started dating this girl within the last few weeks. Ive never met her; from what Ive gathered she lives about 2-3 hours away.

I am falling for this guy and the things he does give me the impression he likes me too. For instance, he chats with me a lot, asks my opinions on things, smiles and laughs often with me. But I try not to show that I like him too much because part of me feels bad about potentially ruining the relationship he has with this other girl.. Am I wrong to want to flirt back? It's gotten to the point where I'm afraid to look at him directly if he's acting too nice because I'm trying to prevent my attraction from showing.

Opinions appreciated..

oh, *necessarily

Harmless flirting can be fun, a series of mutual compliments with no negative consequences. But what you are describing is not flirting, it's trying to encourage his romantic interest in you and tempt him while he is in a committed romantic relationship.

You say "part of me feels bad about potentially ruining the relationship he has with this other girl" ... what part of you DOESN'T feel bad about that?

Carl.

I like my neighbor's 2008 Mercedes... I really, really like it... so I like it when they let me drive it. It's a wonderful feeling... but the car isn't mine, and probably never will be. But I really want it... so it's ok for me to steal it, right?

You like another girl's guy... you get to play a bit, talk with him... and he throws a little affection your way with flirting and such. He isn't your boyfriend, and probably never will be. But you really want him... so you're asking if it's ok to flirt and eventually seduce another girl's boyfriend?

See the similarities?
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

Are you the one who stole my Mercedes, Aeradalia???

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Just ask him directly if he has a girlfriend. If he says yes, then tell him to let you know if they break up.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Just ask him directly if he has a girlfriend. If he says yes, then tell him to let you know if they break up.
    No tell him to let you know at least 3 months AFTER they break up. Rebounds suck.

Carl.

No, go ahead. It's a test for him. If he breaks up with his girl for you or cheats for you though, you might start to worry.

Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    No, go ahead. It's a test for him. If he breaks up with his girl for you or cheats for you though, you might start to worry.
    That's a tough one, doppel ... sure, it will show kitty a lot about the kind of man she is becoming infatuated with, but in the end, if she pursues it, SHE is the one who is going to get hurt!

Carl.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by carl1222 View Post
    No tell him to let you know at least 3 months AFTER they break up. Rebounds suck.

Carl.
    I disagree. Her being the rebound only sucks if he was the one who was dumped by the previous girl, because then his emotions would be unstable.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I disagree. Her being the rebound only sucks if he was the one who was dumped by the previous girl, because then his emotions would be unstable.

I disagree vashti ... dumpers also feel a lot of ambivalence too (grass not greener, etc.).

Carl.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast