+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Girlfriend advice as i'm not sure where i'm going wrong (sorry if this is long)

Girlfriend advice as i'm not sure where i'm going wrong (sorry if this is long)

Hi guys, im new to these forums and have joined because I need to express how I feel and none of my friends would actually understand.

Me and my GF have been together now for about 2 and a half months and it all started great she seemed to be happy to be with me, very bubbly and we just got along great. I thought we were just friends but on a date I plucked up the courage and kissed her and things have gone from there and she told me she had liked me for a while.

Our sex life has been quite good the little bit that we have had (we both are living with parents, I am moving out soon) and we both seem to get a lot of pleasure from it. She recently went on holiday and when she come back I went to hers and we were cuddling and she told me she loved me which I was taken back by but I replied that i loved her too because I am starting to feel like that towards her. However for the past 2 weeks she has seemed to of changed and she is distant, she doesn't reply to my txt messages or phone calls and I am seeing her about once a week. She has told me that its because she is tired and work is knackering her out but I work a full time job as well and although its not late hours I still make time to see her. I asked her what was going on and she just told me to stop moaning and although I explained to her that at the moment it seems like were not actually going out she still hasn't changed. We went out on Sat night and it was fine but its back to normal now.

I have tried to be a really good bf to her like I enjoy taking her out and I know she likes travelling so for Xmas I am taking her on a romantic city break just so we can both chill out from work. I feel like I am putting in 100% effort with her and getting nothing back at the moment and she just complains when I ask her why she is so quiet. It's doing my head in because I am missing the itimacy and fun of going out with someone and instead it feels like she doesn't appreciate me and what i do for her and how well I treat her. Am I been too needy (I like my own space just not all the time) or just stupid?

I haven't got a clue what to do at the moment and any advice would be extremely grateful.

Thanks

Maybe she's taking it slow, maybe she's getting bored with the relationship. Usually around the 3 month mark people tend to get closer or drift apart. Give her space, do some things with your time other than waiting for her and see how it develops. If she's losing interest you won't be able to prevent the breakup anyway.

I dated a girl that sounds exactly like yours, and we dated for about the same amount of time. We're broken up now. You're not happy that your girlfriend doesn't reciprocate your kindness. She probably never will. You're always going to feel like you're giving, but not getting. You're also not happy with the amount of time you're spending together, and that's probably not going to change either.

There's one key phrase that comes up over and over.. You're not happy. She's not going to change, so just move on already.