+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Girls and flowers

Girls and flowers

In a bit of a query mood at the mo I'm afraid...

I've got some mates who are really good guys, with lovely girlfriends, but they never ever buy their girls flowers. The girls "complain" quietly. Some of them have never even received a single flower from their boyfriends, even after years and years of going out. I find this a bit strange, as I love buying my girlfriend flowers when going out with someone.

How often do you guys buy them? And how often do you girls like to receive them? Can it be too much? Should it always be a surprise? A friend of mine thinks the idea of getting roses every Friday would be the most romantic thing ever, even if she knows when and that she'll get them, and she wouldn't mind having that happen for years on end. Of course, the reality is that she has to buy them herself, every single time. Quite common?
    Last edited by Zeen; 29-07-05 at 05:24 AM.

when i visit my boyfriend he gets me flowers. like..one or two carnations is enough for me..i dont want a huge mass of wildflowers bunched up.

"In the future, everyone will be famous for 15 minutes..." -Andy Warhol

I love them.

I was with a guy for a long time who barely ever bought me flowers. What's the point, he asked? They die. After we broke up, he bought me flowers in an effort to regain my affection. Too little too late. (There were obviously other issues as well).

He also said, why would I get you flowers when I know that you want them?

Huh?

Guys, tip, this is a very simple, very easy, and if you're smart, inexpensive way to keep your girlfriend very very happy.

course I had a girlfriend who got flowers delivered every single Friday from her boyfriend. She thought it was too routine, too expected (though of course she enjoyed it). She found out later he was cheating on her.

He probably thought you'd find it predictable if he got them, as I'm assuming you had uttered that you wouldn't mind some flowers. Maybe he was afraid to come across as too "traditional" or "boring"... ;-)

I dont know, from experience girls like getting flowers, I remember we whent on a school trip to Amsterdam we where at a shisha bar/restaurant and a guy acme in selling roses I got one for each girl at the table and they all seemed real happy about it!

He was predictable and boring enough without the flowers. ha ha

I usually drive a semi truck full of flowers into my girlfriends drive way. She likes them and instantly begins to give me a blow job...offcourse.. I dont refuse. Anyways..seriously?...I think giving flowers is best around specially accasions or sometimes when your being spontaneous....if you do it everyday then it will become a routine..then when you stop she will think you lost interest...stupid...I know...
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Yeah, but sometimes you just want to be spontaneous. Lol...when do they find it cheesy and cheap and when do they absolutely love it? Hard to tell. Love life today is overcoming the clichés and cheese...lol

Waste o time...floers, they'll just laugh at ya. they'll c u as a loser. Don't be soppy, they don't likeit.

I agree with Steve. It doesn't have to be an extravagent bouquet--its a little overwhelming. And expensive. And I don't like feeling obligated to give my own gifts in return. A "blow job" (as OnlyVirgins said) or some other sexual favor.

But a fresh daisy or the notorious single rose will suffice any girl, for the time being.
    But spontanity is key. Don't be generic.

Wow. Stallion makes me laugh.
    Last edited by ImAnnabelle; 31-07-05 at 12:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ImAnnabelle
    And I don't like feeling obligated to give my own gifts in return. A "blow job" (as OnlyVirgins said) or some other sexual favor.
    Awwwww ....damn it.. . I'll settle for a hand job. I was actually sorta kidding when I said it you know .
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."