+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question About Flowers

Question About Flowers

How do the gals out there feel when they get flowers? Say you were not feeling well for a while (A week or two) and all of the sudden a delivery man showed up at your door with a nice arrangment of flowers. How would you feel?
    An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.

youre the sweetest guy out there! and major awws for sure and then tell all my friends how great that was and thoughtful of you.
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratfish256
    How do the gals out there feel when they get flowers? Say you were not feeling well for a while (A week or two) and all of the
    Every week? do not spoil the girl, it is too much.

Oh no, this is the first time... she hasn't been feeling well for a few weeks. It makes me sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratfish256
    Oh no, this is the first time... she hasn't been feeling well for a few weeks. It makes me sad.
    Buy one good-looking rose, and bring it personaly. Why?
    You'll be able to see how she appreciate it.

If you buy a dozen and ask a delivery guy to do his job...
    well she may go like "ha! flowers...why he did not show up? does he care?"

Roses are sooo 2nd mellenium. She isn't really a rose person anyway. Comes across as more of a daisy or somthing. Dropping them off myself is out of the question too. Showing up at her door may come across as way too strong, plus she isn't feeling great and if she feels like crap when I show up she may not want me to see her like that or something.

Ratfish just send her some little bouquet you know her well enough now-and yes dont send them all the time theyd expect it. but you know what youre doing...send them-shes been sick and recovering from surgery she'll appreciate even one daisy man!

They should get there the 30th of June, stay tuned for updates. I went for a bunch of diffrent colored daisys prearranged in a vase. I hope she like them.

She'll love them...they'll cheer her up and make her day!

thats really sweet rat... I would love flowers.. I dont know about anyone else.. but i would be really happy that you were thinking of me
    "Remember always, that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    - - Eleanor Roosevelt
    " It's not who we are that holds us back, it's who we think we're not."
    - - Michael Nolan
    "...to love and lose, is better than not to love at all..." .... Lord, whats his name....
    " The world is big... I want to see all of it before it gets dark." -- John Muir

I concur with Jane and Squirrley. Ratfish, that is SO thoughtful and sweet of you. She'll love it!

I was once a chump in the same rowboat as you. What do you want to get out of the flowers? A date right? Guys and girls can NEVER be just friends Forget the flower crap, and a delivery man????? WTF are you thinking??

1) means you are not man/confident enough to give it to her yourself
    2) she'll be like WTF Flowers DELIVERED to my house? STALKER STATUS
    3) You get ABSOLUTELY nothing from that

What I would do is try to get her number and call her out of the blue and ask for a date ALONE! When you show up to pick her up, DON't I repeat DON'T give her anything, just a hug and you be on your way.

Don't give girls presents because ANY clown can do that. Plus if you do girls take that for granted.

For example if you have a lot of money(presents) you tend to buy tons of stuff and take the money you have for granted. But if you are not showered with money(presents) you tend to charish it more

A LOT of Presents**

SecretDontTell,

A little rough, but true.
    Take my applause

If you listen too much what women tell you, they themselves - women will tell you are a doormat. And you dont want that.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretDontTell
    I was once a chump in the same rowboat as you. What do you want to get out of the flowers? A date right? Guys and girls can NEVER be just friends Forget the flower crap, and a delivery man????? WTF are you thinking??

1) means you are not man/confident enough to give it to her yourself
    2) she'll be like WTF Flowers DELIVERED to my house? STALKER STATUS
    3) You get ABSOLUTELY nothing from that

What I would do is try to get her number and call her out of the blue and ask for a date ALONE! When you show up to pick her up, DON't I repeat DON'T give her anything, just a hug and you be on your way.

Don't give girls presents because ANY clown can do that. Plus if you do girls take that for granted.

For example if you have a lot of money(presents) you tend to buy tons of stuff and take the money you have for granted. But if you are not showered with money(presents) you tend to charish it more

RAtfish? Let me ask you something...are you going to listen to the men who have been walked on OR the women who experience the nice guys and theyre gestures and OUR responses to receiving flowers? hmmm tough call there.

First of all your not a damn chump if you dont bring them yourself-actually getting flowers by the floral shop is such a great suprise-you made the effort of having them delivered and youre woman is the envy of others. The aww factor has been established with the delivery man. Granted its also great to get them first hand from your sweetie...but in your position right now-delivery takes the cake.

I know youre not looking to figure what to buy her-you just want to show her youre thinking about her in her recovery-you kept it simple...very sweet. Us women know what the hell were talking about-and youre doing the right thing! She'll love them Ratfish...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast