+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Another issue: BF is still lying about talking to another girl

Another issue: BF is still lying about talking to another girl

Hi all, I posted in here a few weeks ago on an issue I was having with my boyfriend. I found out that he had been talking to another girl and I needed advice on what to do (see: loveforum. net/threads/86796-My-BF-is-talking-to-another-girl-and-lying-about-it)
    *space in . net removed*

Basically I ended up asking him about it. Conversation went:
    Me: can I ask you something?
    Him: yes
    Me: who is Amy?
    Him: my friend (goes a little red) how come?
    Me: last week when your phone rang I was going to run and give it to you but when I saw it was a girl calling I had a flash back to what happened with my ex and I didn't know what to do so I panicked
    Him: i have a ton of girl friends that i dont talk about. Do you want me to list them?
    Me: no you dont have to do that. I'm just wondering why she hasn't come up before
    him: Do you want to hang out together? We can just get a group and hang out
    Me: yeah that would be cool

The conversation then drifted. He had told me a little bit about Amy etc and I think they had hung out in a group setting the week before. I decided to just let it go and let her fade away as our relationship progresses.

Yesterday in class, he turned to me and told me his phone bill was $400 this month. I went wide eyed and asked him from what charges. He said it was data usage and that some apps must have been running in the background. I said he should call in and talk to the company but he said he had already. He went on to explain that this had happened before and they had fixed it but are now unwilling to erase the charges for him. Apparently, on the notes that the company wrote down for his file, they said that the last adjustment was a one time agreement. I told him he should call back and tell them there's no way he used that much data on his phone and explain to the representative that he was not told about the one time only price adjustment.

Yesterday I was cruising a forum which we are both members of. A while ago he had posted a thread about my opinion on LOTR and I went back to go check if there were any new comments. Upon doing this, i saw that he had posted on a chat thread that he had a $450 phone bill charge through long distance charges. This post basically confirms that he has been making phone calls to the same number and the phone company doesn't want to reverse the charges since they already fixed the $150 charge for the same problem last month. He lied about all of this. He told me it was data usage when really it was phone calls to the same girl.

I was so confident that we had made a major step in our relationship because over the past few weeks I have completely let my guard down. Until last night I was prepared to have sex with him, but his lies are making me feel sick to my stomach. She is still his #1 on snap chat whereas he is now on my #1.

I don't know whether to confront him about this or not. By admitting I went on his profile, I'm sure he would suspect me of invading his privacy which I know he values. (He has even told me he doesn't want to know what my blog is because two people need freedom in a relationship). I was thinking next time I'm over I can ask him to pull up the bill on his computer since he had mentioned some discrepancies in the online billing format. However, he can easily get around this by lying again again and saying he has gotten it figured out.
    Please help!
    Last edited by Blanket; 23-01-14 at 09:13 AM.

Also, I was planning on introducing him to my parents soon. It's a big deal since this is the first guy I'll be introducing a boyfriend to my dad and dating is a foreign concept to him. My boyfriend has told me he is nervous and hopes that my dad likes him. He didn't show much reluctance about wanting to meet them.
    I want him to be a bigger part of my life and comfortable with where we are before having sex with him and I told him this. He has made jokes about having sex immediately afterwards but I'm fairly sure he understands where I'm coming from.

He lied to you. Why do you need to even pull up the proof to show him. When you tell him not to call you anymore because you can't trust a liar, he'll know soon enough that you know that truth and how you found out.

He's told you he has "several girl / friends. Apparently you don't know any of them or he wouldn't have offered to list them for you. He's red flagging all over gods green acres. If he's racking up $400+ long distance phone charges to 'chat' with her then lying to you about why it's that high, then Its pretty obvious that she means more to him then a "simple" friend. Has he logged that many LD minutes while talking to any MALE / friends? pfffft.

I'm sorry this is happening to you. Don't let it continue on.

Adding: This is what I told you in your other thread and it still applies. Your very culture means your mother won't want you to marry this boy. Odds are high of that so there's double reasons why you'd be very foolish to continue on with the liar.

You've already allowed yourself to let down enough personal boundaries for someone you're very likely not even going to marry and who may cause you trouble when you do marry.
    Last edited by Wakeup; 23-01-14 at 09:26 AM.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

I too am wondering why you're letting this continue. It seems fairly obvious to me that he is at least emotionally cheating on you, if not physically.

*oh, and I hope if you did anal with him before he got tested for STD's, that you at least made him wear a condom.