+ Follow This Topic

Thread: i think i am in love with my college professor, don't know what to do?

i think i am in love with my college professor, don't know what to do?

hi guys, i am really confused right now.

so i'm 21 years old and i have fallen for my college professor who's 35 and married. i'm his teaching assistant and at first he seemed jut like a normal boring professor and everyone thought he was boring including me. but in reality, he is actually a pretty fun guy and we have so much in common and lately we have been talking a lot about everything, academic and otherwise. i am really obssessed with him and i can't help but think he likes me too in some way.

i'm not a bad person and definitely not one who wants to be a home wrecker but i just can't help my feelings for him. my heart races when i speak to him and i blush uncontrollably when i see him and say hi or bye to him!
    he emails me all the time and in addition to academic stuff he asks me if im at home, if i'm bored, how my day was, etc...
    and he also compliments me all the time (academically). he always tells me i'll be a great psychologist one day (i'm studying to be a psychologist btw).

and he also asked me several times to work together with him on his research and gives me interesting ideas we could do research on. now i know he might say this because he thinks i'm a smart student but considering his interest in me and my life, is there a chance that he might like me too?

i'm sorry and please don't judge me, i won't do anything to ruin his marriage or do anything that might ruin my education but i guess i'm just asking you guys if the way he talks and acts is different from how professors act with their students.

i'd just at least like to know and do you guys think that this is just a crush and it will pass?
    please just tell me anything, i'd like all the help i can get. thank you

You realize he will lose his career and family if you two were to get into a relationship right? You may also be suspended. Now just because you're all giddy inside, do you really think it's worth it? That's called maturity Dear

Look at it this way.....even if he did get together with you, do you really want to date a schmuck who risks his job, family and YOUR academic career ??

So I guess I'm asking is why do you care? You're never going to have him so why obsess over it?

Good luck!
    Last edited by surfhb; 29-04-14 at 10:21 PM.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Ugh. This guy probably has at least one girl like you every single semester. I feel sorry for his wife.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

is there a chance that he might like me too?
    Unless you're going to use the answer to that question to report the ****tard because he has forced himself on you I suggest you stop asking such things and step away from your thoughts.

He's married and you are an immature young lady that should stick to trying on boys who may one day make a good husband, father and LIFEpartner.

Have you Daddy Issues that you need to ask such questions with hope that you get the answer "yes he likes you?"

Ask your therapist if he likes you and work that out with him. If you don't have one, get one.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion