+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What should I tell my boyfriend ?

What should I tell my boyfriend ?

His Ex keep emailing him, texting him, sending him pictures of their little girl, whom he's not in touch with... I feel pretty bad about this whole thing. I love him very much, but it feels like his past relationship is always there. I wanna tell him something about it.. dont know what... should I ?!
    It realy hurts my feelings to know it's always there... DOES IT EVEN MAKE SENSE THAT I FEEL THIS WAY ?!
    Thanks,
    Jen.

The poor woman probably wants her daughter to be in touch with her father...Why in the hell isn't he?

Rather than whining about his ex being in the picture, why don't you whine about how crappy a father he is being?

He should be a part of his daughters life and that means dealing with his ex. Your boyfriend is the worst kind of parent and you are the worst kind of potential step mother.

This kind of attitude literally disgusts me!
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

Maybe the father doesnt have the choice of being in contact with the daughter there are some evil women who use the kid to say i have her you want to contact her you have to go through me and by doing this she keeps the guy at her beck and call.
    Ask him ofc why he isnt if its NOT his choice then be supportive and look for other options for this guy seeing his daughter,take away the mothers control over him.If he doesnt want to have contact with the child and its all his choice then i would get out because there is no relationship for you both, if he cant commit to a child what makes you so different that he can commit to you.
    Saying that dont let him fob you off with my ex is a real bitch she wont let me talk to the kid, look into it see for yourself what is going on we like to believe the past gf was crap so we feel better for him but men can lie easier then women a lot of the time.
    If he wants time with his kid then make a picnic and arrange it, but become informed for yourself what this woman is like dont rely on your BF opinion they did split up so he can be bias. Good luck
    Last edited by Kyrina; 19-08-11 at 06:17 PM.
    A mistake is always forgivable, rarely excusable and always unacceptable.
    Robert Fripp

He chose not to be in touch with them, I respect him.. on the other hand, you are right, if he is not commited to them, how am I different ?!
    On the other hand, it's so difficult to leave... :...(

He chose not to be in touch with his own child? No matter what happened between him and his ex, the kid shouldn't have to suffer because of it and him not wanting to know anything of her is simply disgusting! Why are you bothered she's sending him pictures of his daughter? If I were you I'd be out of this relationship so fast I'd have his head spinning.
    "The right time is any time that one is still so lucky as to have."

So you think I should leave him only cuz it bothers me that his ex texting him... ?!

We can only advise you and we only know some of what is going on but a guy who cant commit to a child wont commit to a adult its only a matter of time before you find this out
    A mistake is always forgivable, rarely excusable and always unacceptable.
    Robert Fripp

^ Exactly, that's the issue, not the texts/emails. And even if things were different, his ex will somehow always be part of his life and you should know that; these people had a child together, it's not as if the two of them adopted a puppy and she kept it when they broke up.
    "The right time is any time that one is still so lucky as to have."

it's much much more complicated than that... there were alot of things going on there... it's not a "normal case" here... never mind... I will figure out what to do... I love him and he loves me, and the rest doesnt matter... I REALY HOPE ! :/

*I could (and shoould) be more descriptive, and it'll be more helpful to me... but it's very personal and if he reads it, he'll know for sure it's about him...
    Last edited by NotATalker; 20-08-11 at 05:41 AM.

As i said before (?) your bf is an irresponsible douche. Does he pay child support for his daughter or is this another mother and child on welfare due to some man and his refusal to take responsibility for his wayward seed?

This is a huge red flag that this man thinks about no one but himself. Be warned.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    As i said before (?) your bf is an irresponsible douche. Does he pay child support for his daughter or is this another mother and child on welfare due to some man and his refusal to take responsibility for his wayward seed?

This is a huge red flag that this man thinks about no one but himself. Be warned.
    Thanks for the warning ! I guess you are right.. I fell in love with a complete douchbe... and I can't stop that.
    Can't answer about the child support - its non of my business, or anybody else, but I can see you point.
    On the other hand he has such a good heart and this is why I love him. I know it sounds like the biggest contradiction ever ! but it's just like that...

Ric is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Going to have to agree with the others. Your boyfriend is just a jackass. His kids should be his priority. If he chooses not to be in contact with them he is just another worthless asshole.

And I really don't care how complicated it might be. It's his kids, put in some effort.

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    doesn't seem that notatalker gives a flying f**k about the child or being with an irresponsible douche. in fact seems that she is only able to think with her vag.
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

Quote Originally Posted by NotATalker View Post
    Thanks for the warning ! I guess you are right.. I fell in love with a complete douchbe... and I can't stop that.
    Can't answer about the child support - its non of my business, or anybody else, but I can see you point.
    On the other hand he has such a good heart and this is why I love him. I know it sounds like the biggest contradiction ever ! but it's just like that...
    Darl'n: It sounds like you're not going to break up with him regardless of what we say so I say: Get yourself on birth conrol or you will end up just like his ex. Do not let him near you without a rubber until you're BC clicks in. Stop being jealous of his ex emailing pics of his kid to him and find out why TF he doesn't want anything to do with his own kid. You should at least have some sort of dialogue about it so that you're not feeling threatened and maybe if he knows he has your support he may take some responsibility for her. Maybe he's just some big giant baby-boy himself and doesn't have the first clue about looking after kids (not that that should be your responsibility). Does your bf have parents? What to they think about not seeing their own grandchild? I know my mother would be horrified.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast