+ Follow This Topic

Thread: In love with housemate... and the cat is out of the bag.... help!

In love with housemate... and the cat is out of the bag.... help!

before university my brother gave me one piece of advice.... never live with females.
    ooops! so im now 2nd year student living in 6 man house, me, 3 males and 2 females. one girl im crazy for...
    about 2 weeks after moving in we had a party and i got extremely drunk and told her how i feel... stupid i know but i couldnt keep it in! we had been flirting for as long as we have known each other (18months) but she has been on off with her bf, at the time she was on a break with him
    so she turned me down and it was abit awkward for a few days, but we agreed that i had to get over her no matter what - otherwise the worse case scenario of one of us moving out would have to happen.
    so iv been bottling my emotions for months and things between us hav been fine. but now she has officially ended with her boyfriend and has started sleeping with a course mate. this really tests my emotional strength and it kills me because if i say anything im scared it would mean one of us would have to move out... and for me that is simply not an option... and i dont want to be that guy who drove her out of the house she was happy at

Im sure this situation has happend before with others out there and i would appreciate any advice

If you really can't leave, and you actually have the power to make her leave, then kick her out and find someone else to move in.

Although it is an option. i really couldnt do that to her, it would cripple me to see her crippled knowing it was because of me. also the other house mates who i have very good relationships with will very much disapprove.

Why don't you move out and if you really like her then ask her out after you have moved out.
    Or you just have to try and get over her and live with her in the same house with other house mates.

Quote Originally Posted by scooter28 View Post
    it would cripple me to see her crippled knowing it was because of me.
    This right here is what got you into this situation in the first place. You let yourself get emotionally attached to a girl, without confirmation that she likes you back. As soon as you think you like a girl, try to kiss her. That way, you know right off the bat whether she's into you, or just playing games. It's a lot easier to drop a girl and go on about your life when you make your move early.

I didn't think you'd really kick her out, but I wanted to see your reaction. I really think you should just start ignoring her, or if you're in a group of people and she asks you a direct question just say, I don't know, or deflect the question quickly so as not to be rude. Basically, stop communicating with her unless you absolutely have to.