+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Guy advice needed?

Guy advice needed?

I am lost at what to do. I have been friends with benifits with this guy since May until I developed feelings for him. I told him twice how I felt, most recently in the beginning of october, and he said it we were just friends. I tried to get over him but he never really allowed me to, he awlays texted me and all this stuff. I went to visit my ex in Texas in October and we were going to try to work it out. But then this guy said he wanted more from me. He tried to convince me for TWO weeks that he wanted to have a relationship with me. I finally gave in and we decided to work on it. He gave me a speech about how important sex is in a relationship. Now, yesterday I found him texting this random girl from facebook. I freaked and told him he didn't need to have these "random friends" that happened to be girls if he has me. He said that he won't talk to these random girls and he removed them from his facebook friends and he claimed he won't text them but I don't know if I can believe him..... Now he said he is scared to be in a relationship but he still has feelings for me and he feels bad that he hurt me.

Someone Please help?
    I really like him and it's hard for me to think he only wanted one thing from me. He is so sweet when we are together and things were going good but now I don't know what to think?

Because he chats to girls on Facebook, it's a big deal?
    I have female friends on facebook, doesn't mean that I'm involved with any of them, it's just a different perspective on a situation.
    It's just facebook, stop overreacting.

For guys it's harder to be in a relationship as it takes more time, he needs to make sure that your the right person for him.
    Just because your ready, doesn't mean that he might be.

P.S. I suggest giving guys are a better chance, than freaking out over one thing, and make your own decision....
    If you have a gut feeling that he's hiding something, then talk about it, and if it's the truth, just move on.
    Last edited by Kromat; 04-11-08 at 07:53 AM.

" Nothing is a waste of time, if you use the experience wisely."
    => Auguste Rodin

Quote Originally Posted by Kromat View Post
    Because he chats to girls on Facebook, it's a big deal?
    I female friends on facebook, doesn't mean that I'm involved with any of them, it's just a different perspective on a situation.
    It's just facebook, stop overreacting.
    He's not just talking to them on facebook. He met them from one of their dating applications..."Are you Interested?" and he got their cell numbers and he is texting them.

I am trying to be positive. I really am but it's not like he knows these girls so I don't get why he would need them to talk to? I like him and I am trying to be positive. He has pulled some stuff before but I keep thinking he is a good person and would never intentionally hurt me.

What the ****- are you blind? How many red flags do you need, here?

Run away from this man. no, he's probably not trying to hurt you intentionally, but you're going to be shredded nonetheless. He'll make it "your fault", too, for pushing him into a relationship he's not ready for.

Do not continue to expect this man to be monogamous with you. He never was and he's not likely to be.

:sigh:

This is why I always tell girls that the "friends with benefits" thing is a raw deal.
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by MissySissy1 View Post
    He's not just talking to them on facebook. He met them from one of their dating applications..."Are you Interested?" and he got their cell numbers and he is texting them.

I am trying to be positive. I really am but it's not like he knows these girls so I don't get why he would need them to talk to? I like him and I am trying to be positive. He has pulled some stuff before but I keep thinking he is a good person and would never intentionally hurt me.
    I didn't know that he wented to get a girl's number, maybe he likes the attention, but it's still a bad way to treat your girl that your with.

After you mentioned this, it seems like you really don't trust, but don't want to move on with the chance that he'll change.

It's up to you, so If you want to keep being treated like this, then stay with him, but don't think that this situation will get any better unless he does something about it, but how long are you willing to wait?

I SAY DUMP HIM !

" Nothing is a waste of time, if you use the experience wisely."
    => Auguste Rodin

Trust is a funny thing. It is very difficult to earn and very easy to lose.

I actually think I agree with gigabitch on this one. He doesn't sound like he will be monogamous with you.

If you want to trust him, it is going to take one thing.....time. Do not rush into anything. If he is monogamous with you, that will be evident over time. But honestly, I would recommend that you look elsewhere. It will be hard, because once sex is involved, it is harder to leave. But I would suggest that you find someone else.

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimJ View Post

I actually think I agree with gigabitch on this one. In fact, I think I agree with her about everything, at all times. She's so smart!
    I fixed your quote, Tim.
    Spammer Spanker

Lol...I like the edited sentence better
    ..::.*Love is giving someone the ability to break your heart but trusting them not to*.::..