+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I have nobody to turn to, I dont know what to feel, Im losing control

I have nobody to turn to, I dont know what to feel, Im losing control

So i confronted my girlfriend today. Not in a argumentative manner, just for some re assurance. Shes been in school, and hanging out with this one particular other dude ALOT. She stays after school all the time (apparently) and they hang out. She says, she can only focus at school, but then tells me other days "shes so distracted around him or them (them being a mutual friend)".

My issue is i feel like, after school she could do work here. I could go to her house, even if she has to do work. She wants nothing to do with either of those "she cant focus" but at the same time "she loses focus" around them, and that is EVERY single day. On a side note, when she is focusing on school, and to busy for me. I see her on facebook non stop. Liking pictures, sharing videos, very obvious signs of "being distracted". To me its like, she wants to be distracted by everything but me.

I am for sure, getting jealous. She dosent make time for me now, I get it school is important. I encourage her to work hard, all the time. Ive been nothing but supportive.

Her argument is " i dont show I trust her " because i dont like that she spends all this time with other people (especially this dude), when she dosent make time for me. She got VERY defensive. Said many things out of spite, brought up plenty of things i did wrong (between 8-12 months, even 2 years back)

I dont know how to feel.

Why don't you just break up with her and let her do her thing at school. She's not going to stop hanging out with him and she's very much trying to make this your issue by telling you that you don't trust her when she's putting him/them as a priority over you.

She doesn't value you or the relationship right now and maybe its time for you to let her go, grieve for a bit and then find someone who is more compatible to you?????

I don't know what you could say to her that will make her change her priorities. You may try asking her: " how would you feel if I was spending all of my free time with another woman? "
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion