+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Guy friend.. Need opinions

Guy friend.. Need opinions

I'm a senior in high school, I became friends with this guy about 7 months ago, he's in my grade as well I just never got the chance to talk to him because of his crazy girlfriend and I was quick to judge him. We clicked immediately. the first 3 months that I became friends with him, I was dating a guy and we didn't work out. During the entire time me and my boyfriend started fighting, my guy friend was there for me giving me advice and helping me, eventually me and that guys broke up and my friend literally say there holding me as I cried and kept cheering me up. Me and this guy friend have talked for hours and hours about everything. I've told him personal things and he told me things he has never told anyone before. I never thought of having feelings for him until others started to point it out to me saying that he has a thing for me just because of the way we act. Were inseperable. I've never had someone like him in my life before. The problem is, he has a girlfriend and she's kind of crazy. She checks online on his phone account to monitor who he calls and texts. He isn't allowed kt even look at anyone except hers. She doesn't approve of me and him being friends, she's told him to stay away from me but he told her he wasn't going to because were friends. She's constantly pushing his buttons about me, I know this because he shows me messages and tells me about it. Well, he showed up at my house the other night and we just talked. I don't want to gain feelings for him because of this girl. She is psycho. I wouldn't wanna have any relationship until I know she's gone for sure. He has cheated on her multiple times, but she forces him to stay. She's faked pregnancies, and constantly tells every one of her friends that he belongs to her. She's made him buy her jewelry and other gifts. I feel confused about the entire situation. Can someone tell me what their opinion is?

1. He's a cheater.
    2. His gf is a psycho.
    3. He won't leave his psycho gf. What does that say about him?

Did you have a more specific question? He's taken so you can't date him.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

My opinion is that you should have not become close friends with a guy that is in a relationship with another woman.

You should tell him you have feelings for him and would like to date him if he weren't taken. At that point, three things can happen:

1. He tells you that he doesn't feel the same way and only sees you as a friend (unlikely).
    2. He tells you that he feels the same way but doesn't want to leave his girlfriend (likely).
    3. He tells you that he feels the same way and breaks up with his girlfriend (unlikely).

If 1 or 2 happen, you should tell him that you can't stay friends because you need to move on and in order to do that you're going to have to stay away from him. If he's a true friend, he won't pester you with pleas to "please stay friends" or "I miss my best friend" or sh*t like that.
    If 3 happens, you get to date him and see how it goes.

It's simple, really.

Also, take this as a lesson learned. Don't make friends with people you are attracted to. Either ask them out or don't talk to them at all, and if they reject you and/or are taken, don't hang out with them anymore. A guy's best female friend should be his girlfriend, no one else (same thing goes for girls of course).