+ Follow This Topic

Thread: ...Oh @#$% big mistake...

...Oh @#$% big mistake...

Alright I have an age question, that I desperately need other people's opinions on. Oh geez, this was such a huge shock to me... Anyways just some info to begin with. I'm 17 year old male. I recently met this girl who is a friend of a friend. We instantly hit it off. We hang out all the time and we always have a great time. Well a couple days ago, I thought that since we we're having such fun together maybe we could maybe move it to the next level. As you may have guessed by now, I then found out a little piece of info that I wished I knew a long time ago.... she is only 13! shocked: Yeah, I know, I was shocked too... She looks like she is about my age. Maybe even older. So the question of how old she is never came up. My question is, I'm think it would be a bad idea to continue my plans on dating... I mean, her age wouldn't bother me because we had chemistry before I found out how young she was. So it wasn't like I was trying to be a pedofile or something sick like that. But the problem I'm worried about is how society would view us. I need to know from your prespective if you think this is at all appropriate. Also if you don't think it is, please be kind and try not to call me sick, or a perv, or anthing like that... after all I thought that about myself for a while after I found out...
    "Experience is the name every one gives to their mistakes."

See, What I tell ya..something is in the water. You gotta start checking out ID's before you even think about talking to em.

I dunno, you also got to think of the fact about being 18, I mean as long as say she was 16/17ish and you wern't having sex..it wouldn't be a problem. But 13, your def. going to have a lot of trouble with that. I know chemistry is important, and I know I would hate to abandon as such. You would have less headaches as well as major problems down the line if you just ended it. Honestly...thats the best recommendation.

My New Car!! [URL=http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2058343]Cardomain![/URL]

"Be Mindful of The Future, But Not At The Expense of The Moment"

"Life is the art of drawing without an eraser"

Unfortnately, I am in agreement with Innova. Chemistry is important, but from experiences with friends of mine who had similar situations. It will end out with a load of problems in the end...

Evil School!!
    May not be on LF as much, due to unforeseen circumstances.
    Blame College and Homework for Everything!!
    -Fawn

Yeah I figured you'd say that. I'd better not let this float over my head. I've got to call her now.... *sniff* ...be strong Sam... *sniff* ...be strong....
    "Experience is the name every one gives to their mistakes."

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    13?!?! i think that when you're under the age of bwteen 18-21, age difference is a huge matter. people are going through puberty and maturity, and 13 to 17 is a big difference. raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Well,I'm a girl and I was in a similar situation.But the thing is I didn't get involved with the guy(which is 14 and I'm 18).
    It was a shock for me and for my girlfriends who knew about the situation,when I told them his age.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwed_Guy
    Alright I have an age question, that I desperately need other people's opinions on. Oh geez, this was such a huge shock to me... Anyways just some info to begin with. I'm 17 year old male. I recently met this girl who is a friend of a friend. We instantly hit it off. We hang out all the time and we always have a great time. Well a couple days ago, I thought that since we we're having such fun together maybe we could maybe move it to the next level. As you may have guessed by now, I then found out a little piece of info that I wished I knew a long time ago.... she is only 13! shocked: Yeah, I know, I was shocked too... She looks like she is about my age. Maybe even older. So the question of how old she is never came up. My question is, I'm think it would be a bad idea to continue my plans on dating... I mean, her age wouldn't bother me because we had chemistry before I found out how young she was. So it wasn't like I was trying to be a pedofile or something sick like that. But the problem I'm worried about is how society would view us. I need to know from your prespective if you think this is at all appropriate. Also if you don't think it is, please be kind and try not to call me sick, or a perv, or anthing like that... after all I thought that about myself for a while after I found out...

Well man I gotta say that that is some predicament you got there. I've read statistics that state in this new age we live in, females are maturing at such a rapid pace. They are developing quicker and I don't even have an explination to it. Maybe it's the type of world we live in and the things we are exposed to. I can only say one thing for ya. As the law states, it would be a bad idea to continue the relationship. It's as though you can't be friends. All in all, if your willing to wait then be my guest. It's just a risky move and you have to make the right move.

If you are under 18, i believe for it to be legal there has to be less than 4 years in age difference... you could convince "society" that the law is the law.