DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

**** school

This shit- is- bananas! B-A-N-A-N-A-S

OMG!

That's what I'm thinking right now. This school is trying to kill me. This^ is about all I've thought for the last hour

And this is how I *feel* right now

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAeYTC_uY54"]YouTube - Fly Away - Lenny Kravitz[/ame]

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I spent 4 years prostrate to the higher mind... got my paper & I was free:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RY1Bl4nfpdA"]YouTube - Indigo Girls-Closer To Fine[/ame]
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Heh. I'm out of college and I desperately want back in. I've worked on campus, lived on campus, dated almost exclusively from the pool of women on campus... and now that I'm out of college I see I was on an island in a vast, vast ocean of ignorance and bigotry.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'm getting a little break between quarters this week. Yay!!

(Just the calm before the storm, though.)

Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
    Heh. I'm out of college and I desperately want back in. I've worked on campus, lived on campus, dated almost exclusively from the pool of women on campus... and now that I'm out of college I see I was on an island in a vast, vast ocean of ignorance and bigotry.
    Yeah college might be the happiest place on earth, but the kids ARE ignorant (see also: liberal). Too many rich kids, everytime I walk to class how many Porsches and BMWs do I have to see?

But on a side note, it really isn't that bad. The classes I'm taking now aren't bad, but last night all I wanted to do was play in one way or another but had too much to do, preparing for labs and whatnot. Compared to this year, next year I'm gonna be torn a new one and I already know this

But hey, I got out of chem lab 2 hours early today because of it! Not a bad deal eh? Eh-eh-eh??

anachronistic Guest
    I find that I am not being challenged as much as I would like to be.... except in math. I am failing that class like no other lol. I am going to drop it if I don't pass the midterm exam.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Early courses are relatively easy--depending on the course. Give it time. You'll be challenged.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

anachronistic Guest
    Early courses are relatively easy--depending on the course. Give it time. You'll be challenged.
    Well, for example:

I am taking the highest level of German linguistics here (clepped out of a few) And I am not being challenged. I took the test 2 weeks ago, I didn't study, and I got a 95.4%.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Try taking some hard sciences, lilwing. It sounds like you have all your easy classes piled together, which means life is gonna suck hard for you later on.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yeah I know- I'm taking 2 semesters worth of organic chemistry this summer condensed into 8 weeks. The reason is because it is a prerequisite to 2 classes I want to take next semester, a biochemistry class and a physical chemistry class

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Now THAT is a hard schedule. ^

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'm also gonna be taking theoretical linear algebra and organic chem LAB

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'm so glad I didn't go to college, yet.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Hang in there, DM. All you have to do is pull a C.

Frasbee - I'm glad you qualified your statement with "yet".

college owns my ass these days.

to recap.. I flew through first year, I was told I should've really gone straight into second year instead.

Second year I slowed down a bit, a lot of stuff happened for me that year.. I had actual real life friends, I lost my virginity, and generally did things that other people would've already done by the time they were 21.

Third year, this academic year, I hit a speed-bump at college. We got different lecturers. Different types of projects. The first semester was hard. In first year I was always in college, I always met deadline, etc. These days I'm still a good student, but sometimes I'll be 10 minutes late, or I scramble last minute to meet deadlines, etc.. I have a deadline on Thursday, and what is freaking me out the most is that I'm not freaking out about it. I don't know if I'm finding a healthy balance or if I'm just plain getting lazy. I was hoping things would get better this semester, but I'm still finding it really hard. I'm in over my head.

Man, I had to vent that!

Now, I get a choice.. I'm in a 4 year VisCom course. As I mentioned, I'm in the 3rd year of that. And now.. I can choose to switch, and do the 4th year in multimedia, rather than the print-based course I am in.

Now I am freaking out, because I don't know what to choose. Multimedia is all video/flash/websites, etc., and print is all brochures and posters and very typographically intensive. (And if any of you is thinking "pfft, that's such an easy course", think again. It's freaking hard, okay?)

I'm being too emotional with this. I need to analyse the shit out of it. Multimedia or Print?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast