+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How Interested Is This Girl?

How Interested Is This Girl?

I went to a dance/singles party this weekend. I really didn't know what to expect as I had never heard of this dating company before. Overall, things went pretty well. I met one gal in particular, although I'm not quite sure if she is very interested.

I joined a group of two gals and one guy. The guy and one gal went away, leaving the two of us to talk. We talked briefly, maybe 5-10 minutes, before she excused herself to take a phone call.

I ask her to dance later, but some aggressive guy swoops in and pulls her away. I walk off. I didn't think she even wanted to dance with me as she didn't follow me to the dance floor, instead she kept talking on the phone.

I talk to some other people and when I go near the dance floor again, this gal grabs me and does this provocative, sexy dance. Meaning she starts to do a slow seductive dance, eventually getting down on her knees while running her hands down my body. I'm really surprised by this, as I wasn't sure if she was interested or not. She then stops and says she's tired. I leave again.

She finds me once again and does this same sexy, stripper style dance, grinding and running her hands down my body while doing so.

Meanwhile the aggressive guy is back and tries to grind behind her: she says screams out No!!!!!

I'm pretty convinced she likes me sexually, so I ask her if she wants to leave. "Maybe in a bit," she says.

At this point, I figure she is playing games and I give up on her.

The aggressive guy and several others dance with her and the aggressive guy won't leave her side. She eventually leaves with him.

I got her number but I am somewhat frustrated and confused by her game playing.

What do you think she was trying to do?

You thought she was playing games because she didn't agree to leave with you right away? I don't think that's a game, she just didn't want to leave with you at that moment.

What kind of a party was this? The type of party where everyone is basically guaranteed to go home with someone? Like some kind of 70s sex party?

What do you think she was trying to do?
    Who knows. She was probably severely intoxicated. That's what it sounds like. What did you do to make your attraction known, besides asking her to dance? Did you do anything while she was grinding on you, or just stand there like a lump?

No, it was not a sex party. It was a dance party for singles.

She had not been drinking.

I don't think I did anything to make my attraction known except talking to her and then asking her to dance later.

But my original question still stands: what is this girl's interest level?

bump. anyone?

She was interested but you blew it by not being aggressive enough. You should have danced back with her instead of letting her do all the work. Asking her to go home does not count.

I did dance with her, but it's not my favorite thing. Or else, I would have danced with her more.

I couldn't be more aggressive with her since she was playing games. Being more aggressive with her would have led to her going right back to the yes/no mode of game playing all over again, or at least that's how I felt at the time.

I guess the more pertinent question is: did I feel strongly attracted enough to her to deal with her bs and games? I think the answer is no.