+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My partner of 8 years met someone else 2 months ago and wants me to now look after th

My partner of 8 years met someone else 2 months ago and wants me to now look after th

my partner of 8 years met someone else 2 months ago and wants me to now look after the kids i am heartbroken?
    she wants me now to look after our kids who are 5 and 7 as she says i am a dad in a million and she has 2 older ones and cant cope with them all although i think it is also a way of clearing a way for her new man who she swears blind she hasn't yet slept with but has told me she wants to keep that relationship going, we lived separately 2 years ago as it got quite volatile as it had been for 6 out of the 8 years but i truly believed and still do that we were ment to be,the moving out which was down to both of us was a deep regret for me coz she is my world but she always wanted her own way all the time and i had 2 kids that always seemed bottom of the pile we also worked together and shared insurance policies etc which i stopped when she uttered those words ive met someone else now she accuses me of taking everything from her and she has to restart everything and she texts me every couple of days and still wants money from me which i do give her as i do have a soft heart and love her so much (i also give her money for the kids separately)and i cannot and see why i shouldn't change who i am as a person , i really want them to live with me as they spend 50% of there time with me anyway ,where my head is screwed up is that i just want her to be who she was when i met her i will do anything for her and i told her yesterday that yes i do love her as i have always done and if the kids come to me i will help her move closer as she is 15 miles away and will support her if she wants i also texted today that there is and always has been a home here for her other 2 kids and her but i again got no reply...so when the kids are here should i just wait and see what happens with her new relationship and just be there for her if she needs me i know there will be a lot of answers telling me to get some balls but as i said i am who i am and i am desperately sad unhappy and lonely i need your advice so much especially if you have been there i want to get her back and lookm forward not back i am 47 and she was 40 last week,her mum died last year who was her life and i was there all the way as any partner would be her mum had been unhappily married 4 times and had my partner by another man who was never there and she was abused by one of the stepdads i know that my ex partner appears to be desperately unhappy at the moment and whats the best way for me to be with her..

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Correct me if i am wrong, but it looks like you are saying your ex wants to have her children live with you so she can pursue another man? And furthermore, you still "love" her?

She sounds disgusting, to be honest. I think you SHOULD take the kids (assuming you aren't as irresponsible and selfish as she is).
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

she is also very manipulative and in her mind the kids are coming to me for the best as she said she cant cope and she will honestly not loose a a wink of sleep as her mum drilled into all her kids that they shouldn't feel guilty as they are with there dads (her sister did the same )

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It is true she shouldn't feel guilty about the kids being with their father. She should feel guilty that they aren't with HER.

I don't know how women become this way. I seriously believe there is something very, very wrong with them, and it shocks me that more than one man would tolerate such extreme selfishness.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

you need to peace that bitch asap dude. shes using your as a door mat. you cant love anyone who wants to see some other dickbag. take your kids...they dont need to be around a cunt bag like that. you will see

i know and i know she is slowly turning into how her mum was a very cold woman and her mum lived with a man who abused them all for 17 years!!i just wish that when i fall in love it wouldnt be so deep im in that place at the moment where i just think i will never feel that way about anyone and yes i will toughen up it really is her loss