OK, where to start...let's see...what basically went down was that this (sweet, cute, smart, etc.) girl i met during a month of out-of-town course work showed pretty obvious signs of interest on me (to the point that my ever-so-mature friends started badgering me about it) but I, being the slowpoke that I am, never did a thing about it and pretty much went on my near-catatonic, semi-autistic business (mostly cause i didn't know WHAT to do!), to the point that these signs eventually faded away. Now I never get to see her and the only communication we've had since the assignment ended has been grade-related (she was a superior of sorts to my friends and I). So far so good (idk if "good" is the appropriate word), if this was it it'd just be a matter of asking her out right? Right?

Problem is, she's already taken, always had been...and that hadn't kept her from showing said signs of interest (knowing that I knew)...so what should I do? I don't mean to be a douche but this girl DID make her interest somewhat obvious even if she did it through non-verbal ways (to the point that my friends noticed) and me being the shy, awkward sort of person I am it's not like i have women lining up, clamoring for a touch...never mind the fact that i was/am attracted to her...she, towards the end of the internship started gently bugging me about being a passive push-around sort of guy...that does sound kinda douchey in retrospect but still...perhaps it's my inner d-bag that tells me that she meant i was a wuss for never making a move, idk?

I know that it's never a good thing to be the person to break-up/mess with a relationship (besides, i doubt i have the power to do so in this case anymore) but i'm tired of having opportunities such as these passing me by! I know the more practical answer would be to move on but I'm kinda crushed on this girl and the fact that there once was a window of opportunity (which I like to think isn't as visible because of my inactivity) that i lost because of sheer cluelessness/stupidity makes it even more frustrating! What should I do?