+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Awkward and confusing situation, help!

Miss_Navi Guest

Awkward and confusing situation, help!

I am 21, my boyfriend is 35, and we have been together for about 4 months. My current situation is, I am unemployed looking to get into cabin crew, and my boyfriend has just literally got that job. Of course I am really jealous of him, but at the same time he has ensured me that he will now help me in every possible way to get me the job too.
    He is extremely supportive, and not only that but he is perfect for me in everyway... EXCEPT I am only a little physically attracted to him.
    As a result, I have wondered about splitting with him as I know we have no lasting future together, however it makes me incredibly confused becaues I crave the support and comfort he brings me and I know that only an older guy like him can give me that. He loves me very much, and I love him but I feel my love is similar to family love, not romance. However, if I loose him, it will make me feel very empty inside.
    It is so ironic how he has the perfect personality for me and likes and ambitions, but physically we are no match.
    So I am so confused what to do with him, I can't decide on what is right, if I try to break up with him it will lead to heart-break and tears because I do love him, however I am not in love and I do not know if I can really fall for him.

I was wondering if you have any comments, suggestions or opinions on this? I am hoping you can help me decide on what to do.

marry him. have ten kids.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Break up with him. You have a long time to find someone that supports you AND you find physically attractive and have chemistry with.
    Since time began
    the dead alone know peace.
    Life is but melting snow.
    --Nandai

Here's What You're Looking For...

You are definitely in a predicament! As I like to say, you are certainly in a "lose-lose" situation. Either you stay in the relationship and are not true to yourself, or you end the relationship and deal with the emptiness you know will confront you. Either way, you will suffer and experience pain. Therefore, I would encourage you to respect and honor your boyfriend's love for you. Will it hurt him for you to end the relationship? Sure it will, however, in the long run you will be doing him a favor. In my "Getting The Love You Dream About" System, I specifically address the issue of what love truly is and how to know if you are actually in love, how to know is the person you are in a relationship is in love with you, and how to develop love. It seems like this would be a great benefit to you because than you would know the difference between being "in love" and "love". You would also learn that love is not selfish (and that you staying in your current relationship is being selfish), instead, love is sacrificial. In fact, you would greatly benefit from my fast-start email course at finding your mr right dot com, which would show you exactly how to do just that, which is something I can tell you really want to do. Do the right thing, which you know to do, respect and honor your boyfriend, end the relationship, and allow both of you to move on. If you liked my response, I'm sure you would love my blog at lexagape dot com. Good luck, be honest with yourself and true to yourself, and be honest with him.
    Brian Jones

So, basically you're OK with using him for money and support, and believe that he doesn't deserve better than that.
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."