+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Long distance relationship with someone u don't really know

Long distance relationship with someone u don't really know

Hi,

I have a good friend, she's 22 years old & she met someone in a trip to India a year ago.
    He is from sweden & she is from another land, very far from him (much more southern than Scandinavia).
    They both came back home after the trip (he- to Sweden & she - to her country) & still were in touch through internet & phone.
    He came to visit her in her country and stayed 2 weeks and now she wants to fly to Sweden and be with him.
    My question is- how do u know that u can trust someone so much and fly to another country, where u don't know anybody, and go to sleep in his house?
    I'm worring about her. what if he is some kind of a nuts?

(i hope it's ok that i started new thread)...

yeah, i wouldn't do something like that. make sure she says proper goodbyes to all her family members before she leaves.
    The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness, can be trained to do most things

It’s a difficult situation. She probably sensed that he was okay through his visit and conversations on the phone. You can be with someone for 10 years and then find out they are a nut.

What she is doing is really not much different from someone sexing their new date. And we know that happens on date one, date two, date three, or even no date at all. You will always be in danger. She is putting great trust in him.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe

mmmmmm....

you right, but on the other hand, when u go to your date home, still it's near your home & your acquaintance. she is going to a far country where she doesn't know anyone.
    I hope she will be ok.
    She is a big girl & she already bought the flight ticket.
    what can I do? it's like a lot of girls in this age that traveling alone around the world...
    Last edited by Lali; 27-12-08 at 12:09 PM.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It's not like she is traveling to Saudi Arabia or Pakistan. If she can handle India, I'm sure she'll be fine in Sweden.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    yeah that all sounds pretty tame to me. If it doesn't work out she can always just go and book into a hotel.
    Last edited by Charlie Boy II; 27-12-08 at 12:39 PM.
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

Hmmmm.. That's true, Vashti and Charlie. I've been travelling a lot all by myself. So I think she'll be fine. Just be sure to get all the info about the guy , where to contact her when she get in Sweden. Everything is gonna be fine.
    Love conquers all!!
    "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away"

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I wouldn't be completely comfortable with this. I try to imagine if this gal was my daughter, or my sister.

I don't think she should do this without knowing more about the person. Has she at least run his name through an internet search to make sure he's not a total psycho? Does she know anything about where he lives, works, where his parents/family are? Do they have any common friends/acquaintances?

If she knows this info via their phone/internet contact, then its probably okay. Ask her if you are concerned.
    Last edited by IndiReloaded; 27-12-08 at 05:04 PM.

The guy came to her country and stayed 2 weeks. Hopefully she will remove herself from danger if she senses it. If not, perhaps he will see her on news hehe. jk

EDIT: Ah, is she someone you think is not capable of dealing with this kind of situation? You do know her and if you sense she lacks some ablility to avoid danger then maybe you should discuss your worries with her.
    Last edited by lesa; 29-12-08 at 09:01 AM.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe

Sweden is harmless enough, english is compulsory as a secondary language through education so oughta get through, but settling down fully can be a hassle, especially if the country that the girl is from happens to in the asian region as few there are from the orient.

I'd say that just to make sure that the commitment is equal and meeting on the same terms the two should go on a trip and meet in a country halfway - easier to travel back for both of them if there's nothing, no one is fully dependent on the other (things crashing and a complete stranger being stranded in a faraway country sucks...) and if it works out she could tag along onwards to Sweden.
    Last edited by Lipp; 29-12-08 at 05:55 PM.

tooxshort is offline Souljah
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I went to the visit my girlfriend (now wife) in her native country a ton of times by myself without any friends of my own. It really isn't your life to worry about. They're in love and I think everyone deserves to enjoy it as much as they can.

At least they didn't actually MEET on the internet. They have shared a fair amount of time together and the guy did spend the dough to visit her, so she must mean something to him right?
    no autographs, please!

The more I see, the more I don't know for sure. - John Lennon

Life is ... Too Short.

"It seems we living the 'American Dream', but the people highest up got the lowest self-esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things ... for the road to riches and diamond rings."