+ Follow This Topic

Thread: A little guidance needed

A little guidance needed

Met a girl during the summer very briefly but we hit it off.

Kept in contact online and have been trying to plan a weekend together.

Originally she had suggested a week away, but she's now too busy for that and instead has now suggested a weekend in a place near where she lives.

See this is the thing... she's been slow in her responsiveness due to how busy she is with work and it has been frustrating for me just waiting for the next step/stage.

My last message was simply me asking her which weekend would suit her best - so that I can book my transport to get there. It's been 9 days since I sent that message and it's only three weeks away to the date I suggested - no response!

With all the waiting, I'm left doubting she's genuinely interested in meeting me again.

Should I wait it out and let her respond in her own time? When she has responded in the past, she has apologised for the delay, explaining she's busy with work.

Or should I send her another message asking for a response - thus putting her under pressure?

Simple question really - one I'd like some advice on however. If you want more information just ask.

Thanks

How have you been communicating? Text? Email?

Email, and at first I was overwhelming her in the length of my resposnses, which did presebt a reason for delay in response to begin with. I have cut back in length since however.

Given how easy it is to communicate these days even being busy is hardly a valid excuse for not replying. So assuming she can't reply because she's stuck in a tunnel after a landslide or some natural disaster this leaves the only other possibility - she doesn't want to reply I suspect because she's changed her mind but rather than telling you just hopes that by not replying you will get the message that she's not interested.

Simply she doesn't want to have contacts with you unless she is in a big trouble or emergency which seems unlikely.

It is a possibility.

But only two and a half weeks ago she responded saying our original destination (for a planned 5 days, a length of time she suggested when I only thought she wanted a weekend) didnt suit due to her being too busy in work. Thus she suggested a different destination which suits her better because it is easier to get to for her and because it is just a weekend. She also said she had a hotel in mind and just wanted me to inform her whether I could travel there.

I dont personally think that sort of response suggests a put down. She has shown that she is as keen as me to meet again. If she genuinely wasnt interested she would have stopped replying long ago.

Right?
    Last edited by JohnAnthony; 17-09-12 at 03:11 PM.