+ Follow This Topic

Thread: problem with a girl.

problem with a girl.

So i was super close with this girl for about 4 years. Lets call her girl 1. We were so close, we were practically bf/gfs. (minus the sexual stuff) Anyway, Lately, we have been drifting apart, but like when we used to hang out with a group she would always be with me. But now, shes always talking to everyone else BUT me. I've been quite depressed about the whole thing, cause i liked her for hecka long, and i knew that with one sentence we would have been together, but the fact that i wasn't sure. Anyway, i missed that chance, and aparently its causing me grief. We still talk, but we arn't as close. on a scale from 1-10 we used to be 9. Now we are like 4.

Anyway,to further add to my troubles, apparently a new girl(lets call her girl 2) has taken an interest in me.Now, i'm not a very "hott" looking guy, but i have been told that i am funny, cool to hang around, good listener, respectful, and have lots of good qualities.(Etc.) And most of the girls that like/have liked me, are all really good looking. girl 2 is really pretty, she talks to me alot(she calls like every day) and she constantly tells me she loves me and that we should get together. Now the problem with her is- she flirts alot.
    she broke up with one of my friends in the beginning of the school year, and shortly after, she got a new bf.(which lasted about a month). Well, apparently she thinks i'm something different, as personally i think her last 2 bfs are better looking than me but have faggity attitudes.(1st one dumped her, 2nd one she dumped) Nows the Real problem. I'm not really over girl 1, girl 2 wants me, AND my friend who used to be her bf(the one that dumped her) wnats her back. Now i am not a chicken, i have broken about 5 bones, 2 in fights. But i'm not really itching to fight with my friend, i miss my closeneses with girl 1 and my feelings with girl 2 are on and off(probably due to my feelings for girl 1).

I would like some advice on solving this problem. Input would be greatly apreciated. if i didn't make somet hings clear, please ask about it.

oh yea. girl 2 knows that my friend likes her. She was pretty sad that he dumped her. and i think she still has feelings for him. However, she said she chose me. I don't know what do do.

indigosoul Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by falcon
    i liked her for hecka long, and i knew that with one sentence we would have been together
    So say that sentence^. You're not over Girl 1 and will always wonder, sounds like.

I agree with indigo...

On another point, my greatest advice I can give is to NOT GO OUT WITH A GIRL JUST BECAUSE SHE LIKES YOU! That is one of the worst things you can do, at least in my opinion. If you don't feel anything with her (other than the feeling that you get when you know someone likes you), it's not worth it. Period.
    If a dream comes true... then is it still a dream?

Quote Originally Posted by Prodigal
    I agree with indigo...

On another point, my greatest advice I can give is to NOT GO OUT WITH A GIRL JUST BECAUSE SHE LIKES YOU! That is one of the worst things you can do, at least in my opinion. If you don't feel anything with her (other than the feeling that you get when you know someone likes you), it's not worth it. Period.
    for the part about girl 1. i'm not sure how she feels about it atm.

for girl 2, its on and off....partly because theres been lots of rumors about her and i'm not sure if i should believe them. but it creates a doubt.

Why have you never talked with Girl #1?

Clearly, she was very interested in you, but got really tired and probably very discouraged with the relationship not progressing......

i think girl 1 did get tired of it...and that is why we drifted. but i'm not sure if she stills feel the same way.

She wants to use you to get him jealous. Oldest trick in the book.

Quote Originally Posted by Reverb
    She wants to use you to get him jealous. Oldest trick in the book.
    girl 2? how is that?

indigosoul Guest
    The problem as i see it:

You have feelings for 2 girls, one of which you'd like more than the other, but you'd be willing to try the other if you could have closure on the first. So...

You need to ask Girl #1 out. If she says yes, you're golden. If not, then your feelings are free for Girl #2. Make the first girl a reality or history. But you can only do this by asking.

If your worried about the friend issue, say that you needed a cooling off period to make sure this wasn't going to be an issue. To make sure your feelings are REAL, blah, blah. You wanted her to know you would like more than just friends...make sure she knows you're aksing her for a DATE.

Good luck.

theres been rumors all the time about me and girl 1 and everyone thought we were together...many times shes like yea we should get together...but i figured she was joking. and i don't want to make girl 1 history. and we did go out on a date recently.

but yea i'm really confused

Ask Girl #1 out again, ask her to be your girlfriend.

Basically I agree with indigosoul.

You can't go forward until you figure things out with Girl #1.