+ Follow This Topic

Thread: what to text

what to text

basically this girl gave me her number i slept over and we didnt hook up. I really seem to like her. What would something good to text to make my intent more obvious wthout being wierd? the extent of our texting has just been a few back and forthes and not much else in some some of them she seems kinda flirty/interested but i cant really tell. any ideas?

Why do you think you would come across as 'weird' and siimply if you text a girl you like and who appears to like you too?

Just tect, say you enjoyed the evening you spent together and you'd like to spend time again with her sometime.

Simple really.

Quote Originally Posted by xxazurexx View Post
    Why do you think you would come across as 'weird' and siimply if you text a girl you like and who appears to like you too?

Just tect, say you enjoyed the evening you spent together and you'd like to spend time again with her sometime.

Simple really.
    well texted her tried to hang out but she was out of town and asked to hang out next weekend. when she would i wait to contact her or should i wait for her?

Quote Originally Posted by Zanderini View Post
    well texted her tried to hang out but she was out of town and asked to hang out next weekend. when she would i wait to contact her or should i wait for her?
    bumpity bump

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    you should contact her, but wait till at least Friday afternoon and make it very casual, along the lines of "what're you up to tonight?"
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Boy II View Post
    you should contact her, but wait till at least Friday afternoon and make it very casual, along the lines of "what're you up to tonight?"
    ok thanks will do

ok so its been a few weeks texted a bit but still havent hung out. is it too late to keep pursuing? any ideas of what to say/do to strike up some conversation or is it lost since ive waited too long?

ok so its been a few weeks texted a bit but still havent hung out. is it too late to keep pursuing? any ideas of what to say/do to strike up some conversation or is it lost since ive waited too long?
    Ask her out? At least 4 days ahead of time? Not difficult. "would you go to ___ with me at __?"

Don't text at all. Use the dang part of your phone that has speakers and microphones.

Quote Originally Posted by Regnent View Post
    Don't text at all. Use the dang part of your phone that has speakers and microphones.
    whats wrong with text? its easier and less formal.

whats wrong with text? its easier and less formal.
    It's a new age "I'm-too-afraid-of-rejection-or-my-ability-to-hold-conversation-to-actually-talk-to-you" device. :p

That said, it's fine. Text her. Ask her on a specific date. Want to go here at this time. Don't pussyfoot around. Specific place. Specific time.

bump any other ideas?

I stand by not texting. As you say, it's easy, informal, and also very impersonal.
    I hate the technology, I think it hurts social skills, and makes a -very- poor substitute for a voice or face. Both convey feelings far better.
    I'm not a woman, and it seems many here don't have a problem with it, but I think if you want her to notice you, or take your seriously, call her.

Now, ask yourself this;
    Is the informal and easy texting getting you anywhere? No? Try something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Regnent View Post
    Thank god someone said it. I read almost all the way down the list till someone got some balls. STOP WITH THE TEXT!!!!!! BE A MAN AND CALL HER AND TELL HER YOU WANNA SEE HER. IT IS TOO EASY FOR GIRLS TO BLOW OFF A TEXT. SO IF YOU WANNA ASK REACH DOWN DEEP GRAB A HOLD AND CALL HER AND TALK. BE A GENTLEMAN AND DON'T HIDE BEHIND TECHNOLOGY. AFTER THAT IF SHE BLOWS YOU OFF MOVE ON.

Quote Originally Posted by gratedwasabi View Post
    it's a new age "i'm-too-afraid-of-rejection-or-my-ability-to-hold-conversation-to-actually-talk-to-you" device. :p

that said, it's fine. Text her. Ask her on a specific date. Want to go here at this time. Don't pussyfoot around. Specific place. Specific time.
    i'm sorry you can't tell someone not to pussyfoot around but them tell them to text, because that is what texting is. If your scared of rejection it is going to be a long road to love for you. 1 out of 10 work 9 out of 10 say no that is sales fact, and that is what dating is selling yourself. Gratedwasabi we went over this on you post last night. Man up and call shows inititive and that you are a leader. Women can put off text for ever it makes it too easy for them to say no because they don't have to say it directly to someone. So all you are doing is waisting you time because she is just going to drag you along.

Come on guys!!!! The occasional text is fine but when it comes to asking out on a date. Call her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!