+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How should I approach this

How should I approach this

There's this girl that I'd been talking to a lot who I worked with. Things started getting closer and I felt like she may have had something for me. However, she recently had to quit the job and I don't see her anymore. I wanted to start talking with her again to but don't know how to start and not turn her off.

Could you please provide some more detail? It makes it very difficult to give you any constructive feedback and help when there is no background.
    Age, types of interactions, signs that she's interested in you etc etc would be great.

If you provide a vague question, it's likely you will get a vague answer...

Thanks

Do you have her phone number? Text her and ask how she is doing since leaving job and if she found anything else. Start off that way and see how she replies and go from that point.

ok.. you can't worry about turning her off. If you worry about it, THAT'S A TURN OFF! Believe me.
    Just be you. Just talk to her. Then see if its there.

now.. THE OTHER THING i have to tell you is... you are falling into the "job trap". That is.. people thinking peopel at work or in a service industry "like them" becausae they act "nice to them" or "talk to them" or "get to knw each other"... Yeah.. at work.. DUH! Peopel have to be nice to eac hotehr, talk to each other, and invariably get to know each other. Desn't mean there is love there. So be very CAREFUL about over-valuing social interactions at the workplace. Its' a huge trap.

Secondly.. the same goes for anybody in the service industry or anbydoy who's in a job where part of their job IS to talk and interact with you. I mean.. we all know how ridiculous it is to believe a stripper or hooker is "into us". yeah hellow.. their job is SUPPOSED to act like they're into you. This goes for airline stewardesses, waitresses, bartenders, receptionists, tourguides, customer service reps, ANY of them.

And that also goes to coworkers. Don't over-value interaction at the work place. If it's something they'll be very obvious at somep oint. If you even have to ask or wonder - then nothing is there.

As for this situaiton.. you hve nothign to lose but to contact her and talk and ask her out... but my guess is - she was just doing what coworkers do and be civil at work.

i dont understand the problem

you like her
    you are sorry shes gone from the job so you contaced her because you like her and wanted to ask if shed like to go to *insert meeting here*

and if she is "turned off" by whatever you did then it doesnt matter shit
    shes gone from your life anyhow.
    If you think I am insulting you with my post or bashing you: You do not get the point.
    I am not here to insult or bash anyone. I offer up my free time to help. Take from my post what is useful to you.
    If you are angry about my post or myself, then please stop and think how that happened. Usually that is the way the brain responds if a critical belief system is challenged (its called cognitive dissonance). If you have trouble with it please answer in the thread. I will come back to you.