+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How can I make him choose me again?

How can I make him choose me again?

My Ex Bf and I have a very complicated history of first me going cold on our relationship after three years of being together, then trying to get back together and so it went back and forth a couple of times. During all this on-off time (nearly a year now) we have always stayed in contact and share a deep connection despite all the complication.
    Two months ago he wanted to make a clear cut - either being together or be apart. At that moment I had a lot on my plate with other stuff and couldn't agree to be back together.
    After that I slowly realized what a huge mistake I had made and how in love I have always been with this guy that I can't imagine a future without him.
    Three weeks ago I gathered all my courage and told him how I feel and that I wanted to try again. He was very hesitant and told me that he thinks that he is still in love with me but the thought of us breaking up again is blocking his will of being together.
    I am so unsure what to do. There's also another girl involved that he's seeing and he lied to me about having seen her the day before we met yesterday. I am so afraid that our turbulent past has destroyed all chances of getting back together and that this new girl is the "easier" choice for him. I asked him directly if his blockage has something to do with choosing between two women, but he said no.

What can I do, I don't want to push him, I don't want to beg - I only want to be with him and make him see that we can do it this time and have learned from our mistakes.

Assure him 100% that you won't **** things up on your side. The guy isn't perfect either so he'll probably do things to set you off, but you two will have to remain open with each other. The main reasons relationships fail are because of lack of communication, lack of emotional support, and problems in the bedroom. If you have those 3 things going for your relationship you'll never have any problems.

Things are looking pretty bad for you though since there is a new girl in the picture. He is already starting to move on and you're trying to bring him back. Make it worth his while. Do something to show him that you're better than the other girl. This might require stepping out of your comfort zone, but that's how you grow. So if you want him back you have to do something along these lines.

Cheers
    Watch me succeed and/or look like an idiot with hot girls
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnemaAw1mXyNtvPA6AwO7xg

I am sorry for your situation and understand that break ups are never easy. I pray that you will find peace with your decision. Maybe time apart is what you need right now. Work on you, your interests and on growing who you are as an individual. I hope you can surround yourself with friends, family and hobbies. Best of luck and I will be praying for you!

Well, you can't make him do anything.

I would offer that you would like to continue seeing him again and just see where things go.
    If he seems unethusiastic, just tell him that's fine, you're open to seeing him again and he should contact you if he changes his mind, and if youre still single at that time, maybe the two of you could meet up.

Then move on until/if you hear from him. But just assume its over. Start dating new guys.
    Last edited by GLYC; 15-06-17 at 12:03 PM.