+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is an online relationship cheating?

Is an online relationship cheating?

I went snooping into my husband's emails and found he had been communicating with women online. Speaking to them sexually and also making plans to meet up with them. Nothing ever came of it and when he was confronted about it he said he was bored and had been upset with me. I call bullshit and say this is a form of infidelity. Guys...what is your opinion?

Not a male but if you want more replies you could post this in the Love section of the forum too.

I would think it is a form of cheating, emotional with the possibility of intending it to become physical on one or both peoples part. I think any sexual talk with someone NOT your spouse or significant other is cheating and wrong, imo. I guess it is how you see it that matters the most. If he was bored why didn't he do projects around the house, take you on a trip, take up a sport? Bored is an excuse to make you stop questioning him and saying he was upset with you is also another way to pass his guilt onto you, and it is not fair. He did it, on his own, was his choice so he should own up to his own actions and stop passing fault to you or other things. If he can't do that, he will probably continue his behavior because he hasn't accepted any real blame onto himself.
    “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.”

To me, talking intimately with another woman is wrong and is cheating. However, I would encourage you to continue talking honestly with your spouse and try to work things outs. Marriages are worth fighting for. Have you considered counseling? It might help give you a forum where both of you could voice your feelings, talk about past behaviors, and have an objective, trained professional give you practical, wise observations and advice. Christian marriage counseling helped me.