+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I slept with my best friend's boyfriend!

I slept with my best friend's boyfriend!

I have this best friend I absolutely can't do without and share everything with her, but now a secret that I have kept from her is bothering me so much that I have lost my sleep over it!

I met her boyfriend at a party and we sort of hung out together that night, but unfortunately we ended up in bed and now I don't know how to break the news to my friend.

Though her boyfriend and I haven't got in touch after that embarrassing night, it's absolutely killing me.

Please tell me how I break this news to my bestie?
    Last edited by sargam; 22-07-17 at 09:20 PM.

Rip friendship. Sorry, but that friendship is going to be over. This is literally one of the worst things you can do to a friend.

There's no easy way to break that news. No matter what you do or say, any self-respecting person is going to reject your friendship.

On the benefit, if you tell her she can get rid of her cheating bf. Which is the positive.
    Last edited by GLYC; 23-07-17 at 11:54 AM.

Dont tell her and overcome guilt. Okay you tell her everything. Cmon but not this ! But do you really want to give her trauma with this? Could take years of therapy after news like this. Easier way would be to pop some sleepi g pills until you can sleep normaly again. Nothing to gain if you tell her.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Quote Originally Posted by pcmaster View Post
    Dont tell her and overcome guilt. Okay you tell her everything. Cmon but not this ! But do you really want to give her trauma with this? Could take years of therapy after news like this. Easier way would be to pop some sleepi g pills until you can sleep normaly again. Nothing to gain if you tell her.
    I was worried if she finds this from her boyfriend then it would be still worse. You know how women sense such things in men and how men are who blurt out things as soon as they are emotionally blackmailed.

Yes you should leave this like this - only way she finds out if her BF tells her. You have stabbed your friend in the back and things wont get much better if you tell her you did it. Also her BF have stabbed her in the back and is just as guilty or more. If she dont know this she dont feel the pain. Basically you need to watch this video -

https://youtu.be/cxTFPK7HX4s
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

I recently found out that my best friend and her boyfriend have broken up after he confessed that he had cheated on her (without revealing my name), to his surprise she also confessed that she had been cheating on him too multiple times with many men.

This left her boyfriend devastated and he became depressed.

He has also called me to get get back with me.

I am not sure what to say or do?

if you value and want to keep your friendship with your "best friend" you DO NOT become the "new girl" to her ex-... sorry. that's a no-no
    also, you also see how much it's tearing you apart that you know you cheated with him and she doesn't know - you will EVENTUALLY have to tell her. When?

well.. if you can get over the guilt and let time pass until everybody is all past this and you DO NOT sleep with or FLIRT or MEET any of her bf's ever again!!! then time will heal all this and the later you can tell her - and the BETTER FRIEND YOU STAY int he meantime - the better.
    but if it's truly tearing you pu then for your OWN SANITY - you have to tell her and just tell her directly and gracefully. you might lose her - but its better than goign insane yourself. that's just the price you pay for doing what you shouldn't do and taking ownership/rersponsibility for it.

good luck. don't ever do it again OR COME CLOSE...

There is no reason to be upset in this situation, trust me

I always think what comes around goes around ..you know and if he'll cheat with you, he'll soon he on you if you seriously get with him. On her and him I wouldn't sweat that since they both are cheaters neither is any better than the other in the relationship..now you have to pick what side you want to remain on because it can't be both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by dollhouse View Post
    I always think what comes around goes around ..you know and if he'll cheat with you, he'll soon he on you if you seriously get with him. On her and him I wouldn't sweat that since they both are cheaters neither is any better than the other in the relationship..now you have to pick what side you want to remain on because it can't be both sides.
    This. You can be with him as FWB, but he will cheat on you. Maybe not early in the relationship, but it will happen eventually. Once something else catches his eye, or he has doubts about the relationship, he will start looking around.

Cheaters just are that, cheaters. They lack loyalty. And if loyalty means something to you, do not get with him.

I like to see the good in people and while these people do have good qualities. I would never risk my well being by being with them. I can't imagine getting into a marriage or long term relationship and to have something like this come out on me. It's one of those situations that are non negotiable, and once they occur, you must walk and never look back (unless you're fine with just a casual FWB)

Thank you all for your views and posts

If this is how you treat your best friend, what exactly do you do to women you don't like?

Confess. Apologize but realize the friendship needs to be over. Your former best friend needs a BFF she can trust to not sleep with her BFs. That will never again be you.

Losing you may actual hurt her more than losing him

Have you worked this out with your best friend yet? If was me and she forgave me I would choose her over him. You praise her in your original post.
    “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.”

Don't be with your best friend's EX, tell your best friend the truth and ask for her forgiveness. And control yourself from betraying your friends again