+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is it okay for the dumpee to text the dumper after a few months?

Is it okay for the dumpee to text the dumper after a few months?

Is it okay for the dumpee to text the dumper after 2-3 months of No Contact?

Looking to build a new relationship after ex cheated and broke up.
    (Cheater did the dumping due to guilt and loss of feelings)
    Dumper was Female, so asking for opinions.

She felt guilty and terrible about and slipped into a bad state of mind. I'm sure shes doing better now, but i don't want her to look back at the relationship if she does and think of negatives. Be something she wants to erase. I also forgive her. I don't think she wants to contact me because she doesn't think she deserves me after what happened. Everyone slips, i don't think everyone should be killed off after a wrong doing. But i know she wants me to be happy.

I think all of this is more for you than for her. I think you are making a lot of assumptions about what she is feeling. What is it that you want from her?

Quote Originally Posted by Snow White View Post
    I think all of this is more for you than for her. I think you are making a lot of assumptions about what she is feeling. What is it that you want from her?
    These are not assumptions. This is the truth. As far i know she had recently discovered feelings for another but got played. i know she is working on herself of being the person she once was. a better person.

It is also for me, of course, it is to build a new relationship with her. I dont want her to see me as the guy she cheated on. i dont want her to remember me as the guy i became after she cheated on me. I don't have to go out with her, yes in the future it would be nice to try again, but i can handle the end bad result of her not even considering it or even answering my message.

i have thought long and hard about everything.
    i have worked on myself and rediscovered myself. i am happy , but i do not like the thought of never speaking to someone who was apart of your and important in it ever again.
    Last edited by WisebutSodumb; 26-07-17 at 12:24 PM.

"I don't think she wants to contact me because she doesn't think she deserves me after what happened. " So you know that to be a fact? You know she wants to contact you, but just feels too guilty? You cannot control the way an ex-partner views the relationship. Again, this sounds like it is more important to you to have some closure.

I don't think it can hurt to tell her that you forgive her, but she may not be looking for your forgiveness. It is a nice thought that we can stay close with our ex's, but many just want to be able to move on.

okay moving on is fine , but why not move on to a new relationship with me? Why cant she look past what shes done.