+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My ex just left me, after 1 year. Am i crazy? Please-Advice!i

My ex just left me, after 1 year. Am i crazy? Please-Advice!i

I'm at a point in my life where i think I'm either going crazy or i have reached my full on potential of craziness...I need an advice from a stranger to figure out what my issue is, if there is one?

My boyfriend and I recently parted ways after being together for almost a year, we had an almost perfect relationship, very much in love, happy and always together - for the most part...but without saying much he pretty much just recently let me go and this is why and where i think I'm either crazy or I'm too much to handle...

When we were not together we would text non-stop, like every hour of the day, we were always in touch. But just like any (other) relationship, arguments would happen, whether It be face to face or via text... His way of dealing with whatever "issue" we had was by walking away from me or simply ignoring all my text which ultimately led me to pretty much have an argument by myself and get me even MORE upset.

It came to a point where i kept getting extremely mad and even more upset each time, because he didn't show any reaction to begin with, if i would question anything, he would just simply blow me off as if he was trying to avoid an argument but then again the argument would start just because he was blowing me off in the first place, when all i was trying to do was get some sort of comfort or answers from him.

The last few months have been a repetitive thing where he would ignore me instead of trying to fix the issue and well, as he kept ignoring me i got angrier and more upset each time.

I began to drink heavily at the end of our relationship just to forget and try to "avoid" texting him, but it got worst and i started drunk texting him very mean things the last 4 weeks of our relationship. Can you blame me? I got no reaction from this guy.... so i did get angrier and very sad.

Long story short, I realized how angry and upset i had become towards him which made me text him even MORE because at that point i had been very confused from his actions and was trying to figure out what was going on with him. Me texting him non-stop was my way of "fighting" for our relationship, I was screaming for help and he couldn't see it. Ultimately, we stopped seeing each other and i didn't even get an answer or clue as to why we were falling apart, i know me being mean to him via text didn't help the situation, but even then, i got no reaction from him...

It's been 4 weeks now since I've last seen him and he has not fought for whatever i thought our relationship mean to each other. Was I going crazy over text? I was texting him, because face to face he would just walk away from me.

I ended up signing up for Textapal.com to help me stop myself from texting him, specially when i was drinking. I figure it would be a great alternative to re-direct my attention to someone else that could be fun and healthier for me, vs. me texting my man (ex)... and It helped, i have stopped texting him, because obviously i wasn't getting anywhere texting him... But until today, he has not reached out to me to try and fix anything.

Did i loose my mind? Or does this mean he truly did not care one bit for me. I am confused and think I've lost my mind - Please, advice?

Hey Lady Alv,
    The way the relationship was explained was that you'd needed contact from him, he would end up ignoring contacts that were going to turn into arguments which ended up as arguments because of the ignoring, you felt that when he did this he wasn't giving you comfort or answers, this would turn you to drinking, through anger, and texting him non stop which was your way of fighting for your relationship, to the point of arguing with yourself on text, he breaks up with you, there's confusion why there were no answers or why the relationship was broken, he hasn't contacted you back to fix the relationship, you're using an app to not text him because it would e healthier for you.

There are a large amount of problems, but the one I want to point out was when you stated,"Was I going crazy over text? I was texting him, because face to face he would just walk away from me." If there is a bombardment of drunk text and/or angry text coming at someone, what would be the reason for ignoring the text? What would be the reason to walk away from a situation when face to face?

The texts that were drunk, angry, or overwhelming, will destroy a relationship because they're not constructive contacts anymore.

I don't know if you lost your mind. The outcome is that it didn't help and seemed to hurt your relationship. I don't know if this can speak on if he cared or not. He could say that he didn't fight with you because he cared and held on as long as he could.

I think some heavy soul searching is needed because this seems super fresh for you because the relationship was long enough and there was an obvious emotional investment in the relationship. Look back to see if this has happened before in previous relationships and start to discover what's going on. If we end up just blaming someone else we never get curious about ourselves to see what happened.

Let me know if I misunderstood anything, didn't say anything clearly/not enough or you have any questions.
    Psychoanalytical Psychotherapist: Online and In Office Psychotherapy Sessions.

You behave like an ass ranting all the time. Having arguments by yourself and heavy drinking

And you are confused that your "perfect" relationship ended
    And you think he doesn't care for you?