We were dating almost a year, she said she was happy, we spent every weekend together. We would text all day and talk on the way to and from work. Then towards the end she wouldn't talk all the time or text me all day. So I asked her if she wanted to be with me. She responded by text saying it is more of a great friendship and doesn't want to lose me. I told her that I couldn't be friends after this. So we didn't talk again.

Two months go by and her dad calls me to bring his car in for service. He only would deal with me and talked to me for the time the vehicle was in. He left never bringing up his daughter.

So this past week has been almost 4 months we have not talked. I get to work and have two calls from her dad with a voice mail one after another. I didn't want to deal with it so I didn't call back so around noon he calls me again and I put it to voicemail. Finally I call him back and set up a time for him.

Next morning he shows up and does not leave my desk. He talks to me the whole time his other car was in which he was early by a month for service. Still he has not brought her up. I told him how the job was and his car was ready and waiting for him but he still kept talking. Finally I motioned towards the car and told him have a great day.

Woke up at midnight to a text from his daughter saying "hi. Heard about your job. Hope you find something" . I waited a day to respond because I wasn't sure why she bothered texting me after all these months. So then a day later she responds and seems to almost mimic the length I do. So Friday I get a text from her after she got out of work and I waited a couple hours to respond. After that she doesn't respond til midnight saying it would be nice to see me. I responded the next morning and heard back from her an hour later asking me whose house I'm sitting for and that it was my friend and his wife that her and I spent a lot of time with.

So I said that I would be grilling and having a bon fire so she asked if I was going to be by myself and where they went. That was yesterday afternoon and I haven't heard back from her since.

Today when my friend and his wife got home I talked to them about it and my friends wife said she doesn't talk to her anymore but saw she is dating someone from her fb and saw it a while ago, kinda mad she didn't tell me that before so I wouldn't of responded at all this past week. She told me his name and I think it's her ex from before me. I just don't get why all the sudden she feels the need to text me and contact me when I told her I don't want to be just friends. Am I reading into it too much?