+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Need Advice My Girlfriend left me.... still contacting me

Need Advice My Girlfriend left me.... still contacting me

Hey guys first i just wanted to say thank you for reading this, Im new to this site but bear with me. Ok. well me and my girlfriend were together for one year she is from florida i am from PA. We ment last feb at a place where we work. At the time she was in a relationship with another guy (who treated her terribly) they went out for three years. Well as we worked together we became closer to each other and over time really began to fall for each other. Finally after about a month she left the ex and began to go out with me. We fell in love and everything is great we got our on apt together in july and lived happily. Over time however she began to become homesick and miss her family which i can understand why, and we talked about eventually moving down to florida together. Every now and then i would ask her what was wrong and she would say she misses her family, it really put a strain on the relationship because i couldnt do anything at the moment. as for me and her we would bicker about stupid things but it was never like full blown fights i treated her great and she told everyone that. Well two weeks ago she finally left her sister and brother came up from florida to help her move back down to florida, she didnt say anything to me because she felt it was better because she didnt want to get talked out of it...when i came home from work she was there and finally told me she was leaving about an hour or so before she left..she was crying hysterically and said that she loves me and just needs time/space with her family. I was crushed and still am but when she left she took meaningful things with her such as one of my shirts....pictures of us like she wanted them to keep. After she left my sister contacted her and asked what happened and how she could help me cuz i was devastated in the message my sister made sure that my girlfriend told her if there was a future with me and my girl said yes but i would have to move down there but she still needed her time....Ok now here is where it gets confusing...after she left she began texting me saying how sorry she was and how she loves me and misses me and all this she was doing this for a few days then said she cant say the "lovey dovey" things right now and it just confused the hell out of me so i dont say anything to her but I do love her and im sure she does to because she contacts me pretty much everyday via text message asking how I am...im trying to not talk to her and give her space/time but yet she still wants to talk to me she always initiates the contact first and I just dont get it...If someone can tell me what this means i would appreciate it because to me its mixed signals she doesnt know what she wants, but do girls hide their feelings that well or does she not love/care for me anymore thats why she cant say it. today i was gonna call her and tell her that i cant talk to her anymore and that i do love her and would be there for her no matter what. Any advice for me im lost and could really use some help thank you.

maybe she regrets her decision?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHelmet82 View Post
    maybe she regrets her decision?
    If she regrets her decision wouldnt she just say it to me? like i want to know what she is feeling inside shes hiding things

Play on her terms. Let her make contact and, if you still want to be with her, respond to that contact (without initiating it, as she made clear she needs space). From what you say it looks likely you will get back together at some point in the near future.

However, you need to find out what is the real cause of all this... There has to be one. Perhaps family troubles you don't know about? Now it's not the time for this though. Let her calm down and then, if you are still up for each other, start questioning.

Tell her she's not to contact you for any reason other than getting back together. Ignore any further contact.

So go no contact.... Or continue talking to her right now she is on Florida and I'm in pennsylvania

it seems to me like she wants to be with you... i wish my ex would contact me..she did once.. but its only been 5 days... lol

I don't know what she wants man, she still contacts me it's not alot of contact but just seeing how I stuff but I thought she needed time and space?? It's confusing