+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My ex is with someone after a week...

My ex is with someone after a week...

I recently broke up with my boyfriend. We were together a short time, about 7 months, but it felt a lot longer and we had discussed marriage and moving in together. Everything was perfect for the first six months and we were blissfully happy. We travelled abroad to relatives who I introduced him to and when we returned we booked another holiday for later this year. He seemed to be the perfect man, and my family had known him since we were young so were very happy with us being together, which is quite unusual for me as they are usually very judgmental on my partners! He did however come from quite a broken family himself, with a father who wanted nothing to do with him, and spent his life seemingly messing women around which might be what's making him the way he is.

I became suspicious that he was messaging other women on Snap Chat and I called him out on it which he didn't like. He said he didn't think it was a problem but that it would stop and as far as I was aware, it did. A week or so later I was drunk at his sisters Graduation and decided to look on his phone which he'd left with me. This is not something I had ever had to do in a relationship before, but my gut was telling me something was wrong. I read some messages he'd sent to another women and immediately felt sick. I didn't need to look any further, I was done. I told him it was over there and then and he was furious I had "ruined" his sisters graduation. He proceeded to get completely wasted and turned quite nasty towards me telling me how many women he had lined up ready to replace me. The next day, both hungover and about to endure a long drive home together we decided to put our differences aside and forget it had happened. For me, this was a lot more difficult than it seemed and I later messaged him to say I wanted a break. We met up, and chatted, and he told me he didn't want to lose me and that he loved me very much. We spent the next week together almost every day. He took me for dinner, to the cinema, and reassured me he was very much in love with me and never wanted to lose me. I left his house one morning with a kiss goodbye and the next day he text me to say we were finished. He apparently couldn't move forward in a relationship where his partner didn't trust him. I wanted answers, as I knew there was more to this than met the eye but he blocked me from contacting him. He just threw away everything like I meant nothing at all after a week of so many promises. We had holidays planned and he'd made out he was so happy and in love.

A week later, and he is in a new relationship. What's hurting me the most is the level of disrespect from the pair of them. She is posting photos of them all over social media and I'm having to see them together after just a week of us being separated. I know he's a complete idiot and I don't want him back, but I am really struggling to deal with the lies and the deceit and the complete lack of disrespect from them both. She is very recently out of a relationship too so is it all for show?

Happens.

FB - you shouldnt be seeing your ex FB, block or at least unfollow. Ussualy worst relationships are advertised so its more likely they have bigger problems than those who dont show off on FB.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

He isn't emotionally stable enough to be in a relationship. If he is disrespecting you by being romantically involved with other women while you are in a relationship with him, why do you want a man like that anyways? You probably can't let go yet because the break-up is still new. Let him clown around on facebook. You guys are broken up. What he does with his life is none of your business. Cut him out of your life now so you can move on.

He was never into you, he was probably playing you, am sorry he did that to you.

The thing is that you left him and not (as usual) he you.
    That is why he is intentionally hurting you.
    The real pain is however that you did not spot him for what he was immediately.
    But people like that are well versed in hiding their shit.

Be glad it's over. His life is not fulfilled and he can be pittied for such a love less life.
    He is empty and an asshole.
    And that id something that inspires putty and anger in me.

Be glad this belongs to your past and that it did not last very long.
    It is an experience you will grow upon
    If you think I am insulting you with my post or bashing you: You do not get the point.
    I am not here to insult or bash anyone. I offer up my free time to help. Take from my post what is useful to you.
    If you are angry about my post or myself, then please stop and think how that happened. Usually that is the way the brain responds if a critical belief system is challenged (its called cognitive dissonance). If you have trouble with it please answer in the thread. I will come back to you.