+ Follow This Topic

Thread: He cheated on me

He cheated on me

Hi everyone.

So I've been with my boyfriend for just over 2 years now. He works full time all day so I don't really get to see him too much as it is. Our sex life dwindled as well to only like once a month. I also gained about 15 pounds from stress which cause him to become unattracted to me at some points in his words. We used to have a great relationship where we would be inseperable but I guess we drifted apart. I noticed he was texting a girl from his work alot but I never said anything about it as he's always promised he would never cheat on me. Sadly, about a week later, I receive a message from the girl's ex boyfriend that they have been seeing each other and my boyfriend was cheating on me. I received screenshots of every single text message between them. What really stood out to me was her telling him she'd be all over him if he came over but yet he wanted to go anyway. They met a total of 4 times (every night) to get drunk and high and eventually had sex. He swears to me it was only 5 minutes and he hated it and regretted it. However, it's so hard for me to believe anything because I could see them talking dirty about it and she would brag about how good it was. He went along with everything she said. And they didn't seem to feel any kind of remorse and they even continued to make plans to hang out. He even told her multiple times he was wanting to leave me. He swears that he was just looking for a fun thing and that he didn't realize what he had until he messed up. Guys, is it possible to do such a 180 and mean it? I am just having so much trouble trusting him now. Please offer me some advice on what you think he could be thinking about from a man's perspective.

I am not sure why you are trying rationalize his behavior. He cheated, gives you some bs excuses, and he still plans on seeing that person. Your bf is a gutless and a cheater, and I would leave him in a heartbeat.

For real! You would have to be extremely blind and naive and self loathing to believe anything he says. All the facts are right there in their texts. "Only five minutes"? What does that matter? He hated it but yet he did it at least 4 times!?

If you went back to him, you would be telling him you have no self respect for yourself and he is definitely not going to change.