+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Girl I met not sending me any messages even though I'm sure she wants to date me?

Girl I met not sending me any messages even though I'm sure she wants to date me?

Long story short (ish), I met this girl in a club last week, we had so much in common and got along really well. We ended up kissing quite a bit and we were both a little drunk (a little). By the end of the night, she asked for my number and took a picture of us both together. She kept saying: "don't forget me" at least 4-5 times throughout the night so as you can imagine I'm really starting to think she likes me. She ended up texting me the next day and we chatted quite a bit. After a day or two she said she'd love to "settle the score another time". I ended up organising a date later that week. On the day of the date, she sent me a text saying that she had to cancel because she lost her wallet with all her cash in it including her ID and stuff. I know that was true, because she had told me she was going out for a birthday party the day before the date. She sounded incredibly apologetic, saying she was "really really sorry" - Later on she said she's "looking forward to seeing [me] x". I said to her that she can let me know when she's free and that we have all this week because I'm free. That was two days ago, we haven't messaged eachother since and I was the one who sent the last text. I'm beginning to think she's changed her mind or something. We've talked at least every day but yesterday was the first day where we haven't talked.

My question: Do I message her something today and seem 'needy'? Or do I wait for her to make some effort to show me she really wants this? I'm aware I may sound like an overthinker after reading what I've just said but it feels much worse when you're the person involved which is why I'm reaching out on here. Thank you.

(It's been like a week since I met her, and yet we still haven't seen each other)
    Last edited by jake_atl; 06-02-18 at 09:42 PM.

I would play it cool and definitely not needy
    If you want to text her again do a meg or something
    I’d ask her if she lost her phone too?
    Because obviously she’d messaged if she didn’t
    Or did SHE forget all about you? :-)
    Make her explain to you

It’s up to you, but in my opinion being like „can we please set a date?“ would not be the way to go
    Smalltalk could be an option but I personally hate that am not very good at it and it doesn’t achieve anything really

Be patient. There's nothing left to do on your part, you handled this perfectly in my opinion.

Either you'll hear back from her, or you wont. If she's really interested, she WILL eventually get back in touch with you.
    She knows where you stand already, you expressed that you wanted to go out and for her to get in contact with you when she's free.
    Act congruent with what you say.

There could be another guy in the picture or something else, ive been in this situation a number of times. It's tricky.
    And it can be confusing for a guy, especially when you feel some intense chemistry and attraction.
    A lot of times they do come around, sometimes when you least expect it.
    Ive had women hit me up months later after things like this.

Sometimes they won't. But in my opinion, you want a woman with high interest anyways. Things will be more effortless and fun that way.
    Versus going out with a woman who is iffy about wanting to be there, is holding back, and isn't making the mutual effort.
    Last edited by GLYC; 10-02-18 at 03:49 AM.

I wouldn’t hesitate to ask her for a date. Or try to talk to her about it.