+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I breakup with my boyfriend?

Should I breakup with my boyfriend?

We have been in a relationship for more than one year. His self-absorbed behavior is now getting on my nerves. Meeting each other have always been the topic of argument. I work from Monday to Friday till late night, I reach home at 1 am. So meeting after work is out of question. We usually meet on every Saturday at his home. Sunday I stay home to give my body a rest. But he expects me to come both the days. I tried to talk to him that I have to travel and work the whole weekday, atleast give me 1 day to rest my tired body else my health could deteriorate, he won't even try to understand. I was sick the other and I said I won't be able to come but he won't listen. So I had to drag my sick body and meet him. Last week my mom was sick and I couldn't come. He got angry and started arguing with me. I reasoned with him that my mom who took care of me all the while I was sick, deserves my caring too. But he won't listen and asked us to breakup. It's my little brother's birthday next week and I want to celebrate his birthday but my bf won't allow to be with him. He wants me to be with him. I attend every family celebration of his. He always puts him before me. When I try to make him understand, he ignores what I have to say and starts playing victim and emotionally blackmails me that I don't care about him and he's a bad boyfriend for asking to meet and we should breakup. What should I do?

What do you want?

Why can't he come to you once in a while, especially if you are sick?

If your needs are not met in the relationship what is the point of staying?