+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Life changing situation

Life changing situation

So my partner she broke up from her 5 years relationship to be with me. We’ve now been together for 3 years now with a baby boy that is now 1 years old. Our first year together was wonderful and glamours. I bought a proposal ring and was waiting to pop the question basically. But unfortunately due to my gambling addiction. I got us into financial hardship, sold the ring, put her under heaps of stress, financial debt with banks and her family aswell. She stood by my side regardless of rich and poor.
    Recently we had to sell the house we are living aswell to repay the debts and consolidate a new life again.
    There’s a 1 month period that we have to live at her mothers house due to the other properties settlement is not till then. I noticed her losing love for me and I don’t blame
    Her. I have been the biggest asshole and inconsiderate guy aswell.
    Using foul languages and abusive words whenever she ask me when can we ever repay the debts or such.
    Anyways so she said she will give me the opportunity to chase her again like we are friends. She will try to move in to the new property with me. But we are in a friends relationship. No promises of it working but for the sake of our son and me begging for that opportunity. The past month I have been working really hard with getting back on track with life. Including working full time and a uber side job when I can to try and catch up with the last few years life I have wasted. Being motivated with all her families house chores and not sitting on the couch being lazy. Working extremely hard with my physical appearance by cycling everyday and dieting to lose weight to become the guy she once love. I know what I have done is not deserved to be forgiven. My question is to the woman’s out there what can I also do to show and respark this relationship. We had sex a week ago and she told me today the past wrong doings I have done has covered that deep/crazy love she once had for me. So we are in a agreement from today. As being friends and prove to her I am worthwhile. Please help me with ur advise and the chances of not losing her. I know I am the biggest idiot.

Only time will tell. I have to ask....are you in therapy for your addiction? And do you plan to go to group therapy for the rest of your life?

Rebuilding

Quote Originally Posted by smackie09 View Post
    Only time will tell. I have to ask....are you in therapy for your addiction? And do you plan to go to group therapy for the rest of your life?
    Yes I am going through therapy and getting back on track with life. Working twice as hard as others cause I have wasted too much time. Today we spoke on the bed and had a laugh just talking like we are friends again and every now and then talk about our sons well being etc. I hope that’s a good start of this broking relationship that I have broke all by myself.

She is letting time tell where this will be going. Just a thought but you both should go into couples counseling as well if you really want this to work. She's gone through a lot too.

We have been talking a lot whenever there’s a opportunity to. She really wants to make sure the change is just not temporarily but in fact permanent so I hope that’s a good sign for me but at the same time she has been relieved that we are starting all over again as friends. So there’s no pressure with anything intimacy. We treat and talk to each other only as friends which is hard for me because I really love her.

Give her some romance when you can, even if it's dancing in the living room. Keep up with your Gamblers' Anonymous meetings or start going if you haven't already.