+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Irony at its best...

Irony at its best...

My 16 year old son got his drivers license and CAR the same day. Its been about a month. This morning he came back upstairs to tell me he had gotten into a car accident. I flew down to the parking lot, his car was totalled.

It wasnt his fault thank goodness, but heres the irony. JUST three days ago I dropped comp and collision on his car. An insurance agent told me I didnt NEED to carry all of that coverage on his car. Its a 96 saturn, sweet car for him. Silver with moon roof, tinted windows, it WAS nice. SO, didnt think anything of it, til this morning. FORTUNATELY, it was the other guys fault and we can sue his insurance for the damages. But this guy claims it wasnt his fault

MISTER YOU WERE ON THE WRONG SIDE OF THE ROAD!!! We took pictures, and there is no way in hell he can deny he's in the wrong. Im not one to label, but living here in FL, Gods waiting room, there should be a drivers test for people over the age of 70. He also just got off a night shift.

It just sucks that here I dropped all of that insurance coverage when it should've been there and stayed there. BUT when we get ANOTHER car, it goes back to full coverage. We found out if what insurance goes right, he'll end up with double than what he paid for it.

Its just so funny how I drop it and BAM! Totals the car.

Guess I should mention Kyle didnt get hurt, his friend did eat the mirror in the passenger side visor, but he's fine. Thank goodness no injuries.
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

Tone Guest
    Ouch, that sucks, glad to hear everyone's okay though.

tooxshort is offline Souljah
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yeah, i only get full coverage for my cars because sh!t happens ...

if I didn't have full coverage, when my car got broken into, I wouldn't have gotten a new stereo, fixed dents, new window and paint job! haha ... i got the money for the damages, my insurance didn't go up, and I found a cheaper shop to get it all fixed ... got to add new linoleum to my family's kitchen ...

so, thank you, jerk, for breaking into my old car and stealing my $50 deck (which I got $350 for alone) ...

but anyhow ...

FULL COVERAGE ALL THE WAY ...
    no autographs, please!

The more I see, the more I don't know for sure. - John Lennon

Life is ... Too Short.

"It seems we living the 'American Dream', but the people highest up got the lowest self-esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things ... for the road to riches and diamond rings."

indigosoul Guest
    Hi Squirrley,

glad also to hear your son is okay. one quick suggestion, tho: get him in to see a good physiotherapist ASAP. If it was the other party's fault this will be covered. You'd be surprised how much spine and hip misalignment happens even if you think you are okay. this is from recent personal experience. My car got totalled by a woman (both airbags gone) and I thought I was fine. Am pretty fit, so I was only a little stiff. Anyway, I went to see a physio I refer to (just in case) and my hip and neck were out of alignment. She put it all back, gave me a couple of stretches and exercises, and complimented me on coming in immediately after the accident before anything had a chance to heal misaligned. Only took one session; might have been a lot more if I had to go back later...

Awww sorry that happened. At least your son is ok though.

Quote Originally Posted by tooxshort
    ...so, thank you, jerk, for breaking into my old car and stealing my $50 deck (which I got $350 for alone) ...

but anyhow ...

FULL COVERAGE ALL THE WAY ...
    In some circles, tooxshort, that's known as insurance fraud. You know? That thing that helps push up coverage rates for EVERYONE.

Jerk.
    Speak less. Say more.

tooxshort is offline Souljah
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    =)

... now i'm not one to say "please give me less money" ... they gave me the option of taking it the AAA shop or cash out and take it to my own ... i took the latter ...
    no autographs, please!

The more I see, the more I don't know for sure. - John Lennon

Life is ... Too Short.

"It seems we living the 'American Dream', but the people highest up got the lowest self-esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things ... for the road to riches and diamond rings."

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    shorty, imagine all the money that you would have saved if you hadn't paid X amount of dollars every month. then you couldn't bought yourself a 500 dollar deck.

squirt, i'm glad that everything is alright but i will tell you this... kids can't drive for sh*t.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Irony, I taught that to one of my students just the other day.

She's a smart one, she caught right on.

It's so easy to underestimate the power of the 4th grade mind.