+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I got a REAL eye-opener...

I got a REAL eye-opener...

... about myself when I started reading Why Men Love Bitches. I have hardly been able to put the book down. All of a sudden everything makes sense to me - why my most recent relationship went down the drain (besides the fact that he's an unappreciative jerk), why I act and react the way I do... what I should do differently in future relationships (even friendships).

The word "bitches" in the title doesnt refer to the abrasive types like you would think. Rather it is a humorous opposite to "nice girl". You always hear men say "nice guys finish last". Well... this is a revealing look into why "nice girls" get caught up in crappy relationships... and why men dont really go for "nice girls" at all.

I chose my screen name when I joined (independent) because I thought I was. And in many ways I am (financially, physically, yada yada yada). But I'm STILL a "nice girl" - meaning, I cook and clean and bend over backwards for my man. To the point of turning into a doormat without even realizing it!

Man, do I feel like an idiot - LOL! This is the absolute best book I have picked up in forever. I feel a major turning point coming on in my life, in regards to relationships and independence - and all that stuff I thought I knew all along.

The book is right. I'd be more likely to be someone's Sugar Mama or Booty Call than I ever would the love of their life or to find myself in a decent well-balanced long term relationship.

What a friggin' eye opener!!

Any other nice girls on board??

(ps. here's the link to the book that I am reading on Amazon: [URL=http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1580627560/searchcollect-20]Why Men Love Bitches by Sherry Argov[/URL])

Man, you're in love with that book. Between all your book posts and the Paid Yahoo Personals link in your sig, me thinks you're an advertising whore.
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

Now Tavs LOL... that is the ONLY link to the book I have posted (except a direct link to the authors site earlier). I can certainly remove it and let people look it up for themselves if you think that's better?

As for my sig - if you dont like it, dont click it.

You're being mighty judgemental, methinks... I have over 300 posts under my belt here - it's not like I popped right in with links. LOL Gimme a break!

i'm exactly the opposite of a nice girl. lol. but the book sounds interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by independent
    As for my sig - if you dont like it, dont click it.
    Too late; I was intrigued my the backhanded link through
    [url]http://www.jdoqocy.com/click-1209234-10278205[/url]
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

Its a fun read so far (about halfway through it now). I bought 4 books last week (see Books section) and this one really got my attention when I got them all so I dug right in. The author has a great style IMO - so in addition to really getting me *thinking*... I'm also doing a lot of laughing!

Better, Tavs?

LOL

I'm reading "Great Sex : A Man's Guide to the Secret Principles of Total-Body Sex"
    by Michael Castleman.

I can tell you of two people who aren't disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by independent
    Better, Tavs?

LOL
    Wonderful. Kudos

Good. Well you cant be nice, but at least you can have great sex

Enjoy! hehe

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    gasp...
    _____

Quote Originally Posted by TAVS
    I'm reading "Great Sex : A Man's Guide to the Secret Principles of Total-Body Sex"
    by Michael Castleman.

I can tell you of two people who aren't disappointed.
    you might like this one...

[url]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0743287991/102-3715858-4593719?v=glance&n=283155&s=books&v=glance[/url]

[QUOTE=independent
    bend over backwards for my man.
    [/QUOTE]
    Interesting position....

Leave it to me to try to start a serious thread on a Friday LOL

Quote Originally Posted by misombra
    i'm exactly the opposite of a nice girl. lol.
    Me, too. I think Junsui is probably one of us as well. Bad-@ss girls unite!!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast