+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: midlife crisis?

Quote Originally Posted by shh!
    ...adventurer is another name for mid life crisis suffering, adenaline junkie...

hahaha
    WOW, I guess I have been in a crissis my whole life!
    HEY I'M A PILOT
    HEY LLOYD, I'm a pilot

Quote Originally Posted by whaywardj
    Acutally, Lloyd, I was 15 in 1965. It's convenient for me that the last digit of my age coincides with the last digit of the year. Makes it easy to remember how old I am. Well...it USED to be convenient, until I started counting in decades.
    You're a month older than my mommy!

indigosoul Guest
    ...or maybe you are just an adrenaline junkie...
    HEY now, Shh! I'VE sailed the ocean in a sailboat... and I'm not a junkie.

Oh, and 'Vette... its not just the MEN who are the adventurers, BTW.

Aww, Indigo, I was just playing! I myself like white water rafting and spelunking....

Thanks for the input guys. I think I will just sit back and see how things go over the next few months, and if he's still whining too much I'll move on. I'm hoping things get better concerning this, because he really is a great guy in so many ways.
    Hmmm, and hopefully the sex will get better too.
    I'm having to buy some new batteries already.
    But that's another story.

Oh, puh-leese. You've also run down your batteries with this guy in the picture?

This guy's looking for a woman, any woman, in order to stay on par with the expectations of other people. Like his family. As in, "Whaa? All well and good, my boy, but wheres' the little wifey to round out all this other stuff?" Since he's playing the "oh poor me I'm soo unhappy" sympathy card, I'd hazard he's a mama's boy and has targeted you to be his "mommy with benefits"...such as those benefits seem to be.

Maybe he's not. Maybe I'm just projecting. Though it's been a very long time since I played it, I used to be a Grand Master at that game and tend to smell it sometimes where's it's really not.

But that he's close to his family, has some measure of success by any outward standards, and you still have to wear out your batteries while he's complaining, send off all kinds of "stay away" alarms in my head. Feels to me dangerously like a case of the spider drawing the unsuspecting fly into a very twisted web, indeed.

PS: Or, MAYBE, he's gay and is still in the closet. Does he have artsy-fartsy tendencies? Like antiques? Clever with interior decorating? Talk about or watch male contact sports a little too much? Like Lloyd?
    Last edited by whaywardj; 23-11-05 at 07:24 PM.
    Speak less. Say more.

No, whayward, he's definitely not gay. I've already subtly hinted about being quite needy when it comes to sex, but so far no changes. I'll give the poor guy some more time, afterall, I do like him! And hopefully you're wrong about him needing a like-mother woman in his life.

indigosoul Guest
    Aww, Indigo, I was just playing! I myself like white water rafting and spelunking....
    Cool! About the rafting, anyway... caves bother me. If I want dark and scary, I just mediate

Nope, I'm afraid its Force 5 and blue skies for me...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123