+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I need advice...First relationship but im 21 years old

I need advice...First relationship but im 21 years old

Hello I am 21 years old and never had a relationship before. Over this past summer I found an amazing girl but after the summer she went back to college 400 miles away from my school. We decided to stay together and try to make the long distance relationship work. In high school I was always a popular kid and during college but never found a relationship. What we have is great but I am so confused because my first relationship is at the age of 21. I am crazy in love with her but I do not know if this is only because its my first love. She is going to Europe for 4 months in late January. I have never been dumped before and I have never dumped a girl. I am scared that what I have is amazing but at the same time I wonder if it's this good with another girl. Also it took me this long to find a girl that loves me so much. We had 4 months together in the summer which was amazing but she is going to Europe and then we will have the summer together again, then she is back to school as well as I am for our final year. We have talked about after graduation moving in together and going to grad school together. There is so much love here but is it just first love? or is it the reasl thing. Please give me your opinions and your advice....Thank you for reading this I really appricate it

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    No one knows if it will turn out to be the "real thing" or not; you two really haven't been dating all that long. Also, there really is nothing like your first "love". All I can tell you is that for the vast majority of people, the first one you love is destined to break your heart, so I suggest you not try to analyze it so much, and enjoy it while it lasts.

Happy holidays!

ha!!! 4 months in Europe = enough time for her to graduate from Whore's PHD .

dont worry fella , it happens to all of us , your heart will be broken at least once in a lifetime ... if lucky ... if not , then repeated times .

sorry to brake it down to you but someone has to burst your bubble ... until then , have your fun at it ... hit the sheets soldier !

I can't really give u any opinion of how long u'r relationship is gonna last but i know first love is always the most rememberable one. I'm in my first relationship right now too.. i'm just lucky that my bf 45min drive away from me... we always say that today we might be together and then maybe for some stupid reason we might break up tomorrow.. so u never know wats going to happen.. Vashti is right.. just enjoy it while u can because that's wat i'm doing right now and u should be too. I don't really agree with long distance relationships cause i see to many break ups with long distance. But hey wat the hell if u guys are really in love then why not.. there's a first time for everything.. u can't be worry about everything then wats the point of being in a relationship when u'r always worrying about this and that.. that's just making life difficult for u'rself. Back to u'r question i personally think there is love in first love when u'r taking it serious.

I love Diet Dr Pepper.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I love Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper.

Ooo I do too, vashti! I was drinking that all weekend.

DrPepperMan I don't have this kind of a problem, but I think You should USE these 4 months when She, Your Love, will be in Europe! I mean that You should try to meet another girl and see what it is, and how much do You Love Her(That First One). When She will be back it will be easier to You to decide to make future plans with Her or without!!

I hope I understand Your problem correctly and Helped You !

What you have is not amazing. You need to date more than one person before you settle down. Go with the flow and dont expect this to last forever.
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

Not necessarily.

I know lots of people who married their first loves. And actually they are some of the strongest relationships I know. THese people never gave themselves the chance to have to question love or go through all the craziness others of us have!

Hey - don't let others tell you that you have to "play the field" or "get experience".

Remember that the relationship you have with her is about you and her and between the two of you and no one else. So don't let too many people influence you. The most important people in the relationship are you and her.

Good luck with it. Sounds like you two are making some very exciting plans.

Can you meet up with her in Europe?

hi

Yea I can meet up with her for a week in europe...

Quote Originally Posted by clynn
    Not necessarily.

I know lots of people who married their first loves. And actually they are some of the strongest relationships I know. THese people never gave themselves the chance to have to question love or go through all the craziness others of us have!

Hey - don't let others tell you that you have to "play the field" or "get experience".

Remember that the relationship you have with her is about you and her and between the two of you and no one else. So don't let too many people influence you. The most important people in the relationship are you and her.

Good luck with it. Sounds like you two are making some very exciting plans.

Can you meet up with her in Europe?

How cool!!!! A week in Europe! that's exciting! Where will you meet her? Paris - that's so romantic. Or else I'd go to London

she is going to be in Copenhagen so I might go there and see her, but she tells me that she is not sure if she wants me to come. She has school the week that I can go there. Everytime I see her she hates when I leave or she has to leave. She came and visited me yesterday and took off today and cried the whole way home just like everytime we leave each other. She said that if I came to europe to see her she might not be able to take the week with her then 2 months without me...So i dont know what to do

Hmmmmm....that's a tough one. I can kind of see her point.

But still, it'd be neat. A week in Copenhagen.

Quote Originally Posted by clynn
    Yeah, don't let them do that. Then they'd only telling you later on "I told you so".

Nah, go ahead marry the wrong girl, then when she gets the itch in 5 years to "see what elase is out there" and "live her life", she can ditch your sorry @ss and leave you with the kids and the mortgage.

Ah, I kid, she's the one, I know it
    [URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast