+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: im having a bit of trouble deciding whats right..

im having a bit of trouble deciding whats right..

yeah well here it goes...

there's this girl i've been talking to for a good 4 day's we've gotten attached so fast to each other we like the same things the same music games blah blah

well here's the catch im 16 turning 17 june 4th she's 13 and will be turning 14 in a month i dont know if i should proceed on this route with her i dont want to hurt her and we really care for each other but i've been putting aside the big question...so guy's please help me out

does age really matter too much? expecially if we're almost three years apart?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yes, in my opinion 2 1/2 years is too great an age gap for now. Wait until she is about 17 before you pursue her so she has a chance to catch up to you without scarificing what little is left of her childhood.

i see but can i get some more advice on this i dont want to make the wrong move

Quote Originally Posted by Arx Fatalis
    i see but can i get some more advice on this i dont want to make the wrong move
    You might see what Vashti is saying, but do you understand? As you can see, no one has said, "go for it". It's better to wait, imo. What's your hurry, anyway?

go for it

i don't wanna repeat myself ad nauseum...just do a search for some of my posts regarding high school age differences...

well she's a great girl and def acts older than 13 but i just want to be right...not that im looking for sex or the sort

3 years of difference might seem like a big gap now, but it won't matter in 20 years, well its your choice. btw, what does IMO mean? Thanks.

in my opinion

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If a 16 year old boy tried to date my 13 year old daughter, there would be hell to pay. You'd better hope her parents are nicer than I am.

indigosoul Guest
    She probably hasn't even started menstruating yet. Or just barely, if so.

Leave her alone. You're old enough to be babysitting her. There's too much of an emotional and maturity gap at this age. And you can't believe anything she has to say on this, no matter how rational it sounds. At her age, the words may be there, but there is NO idea of any concepts around "relationship", except maybe what she's seen on television. You say you don't want sex, but you WILL. Find someone your own age to play with.

Quote Originally Posted by Arx Fatalis
    well she's a great girl and def acts older than 13 but i just want to be right...not that im looking for sex or the sort
    Do what ever you want.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

well at this point im willing to try anything and i dont think her father cares but think of it liuke this say i was 23 and she was 20 now that doesnt sound far apart does it?

you already have you mind made up and you're just here to have that decision reinforced...

so i'll reinforce it again...go for it...it's not a big deal...disregard the overprotective parent naysayers. we'll all feel that way when we're parents...but not now...

Its not the age gap, its more like that one is almost grown up and the other is not. 20 and 23 are both grown ups.
    Don't expect anything.

The way I see it, the age gap works on a sliding scale. When your 17, one year is about the max. When your 40, 10 years or so is more the max.
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast