+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Am I pissed off for nothing?

Am I pissed off for nothing?

The girl I like ends up calling me at 8:30 and wanted to know If I wanted to go to the movies with her and her best friend amy. Of course I say yes. She calls back like 10 minutes later, and then says she might be leaving to go back to up to college early like next tuesday, would you want to come with me to keep me company for the ride, its like 3-4 hours, I say definatly. So I'm thinking this is a GREAT sign, I was pretty happy here.

So we get to the movies, and she brings her friend Amy and another guy....Now there is nothing going on between them at all, this guys likes her roomate, a girls that I'm good friends with. They are just friends so I I'm still in a good mood nothing has changed. We walk into the theatre, I make sure I'm walking behind the girl I like so we can sit next to each other, she stops in the middle of the isle and she is about to sit down. So I then sit down in the chair that would be next to her, she then procedes to move over two chairs after I have allready sat down. So the seating order is, the guy, her, amy and me. Mind you I've never meet Amy before, and I've only met the other guy once. The only one of the 3 I know is her and she doesn't sit next to me, and she is the one who invited me...I'm pretty pissed off, I really coudln't even enjoy the movie, I was extremely mad, the movie just had to be 2.5 hours.

After the movie we walk to our cars, them 3 came together in the same car, some strange occurance we parked side by side. I just kinda walk to my door and about to get in the car, not trying to be an ahole, just kinda pissed off still smiling and all that. The girl I like comes walking over to me and gives me a longer hug than usual, a little rub on the back, and says "I'm glad you came with us".

Can someone tell me what the F*** just happened here? Is she playing a game with me?

So now she just got online and IM'ed me as soon as she got one.
    She was all like "hey!!" I said some stuff and she said "awwww we make such a good team" Then she went had to go to bed, has to wake up early for work and was all "nighty night!!!" "Thanks for coming to the movie!!"
    She usually doesn't use that many exclaimation (spelling sucks) marks, sounded like she was exicted to talk to me, because we didnt talk too much during the movies, since she didn't sit next to me.

F***** Confused.

So.....what are you confused about? you are not dating her so whats the difference if she sits next to you or not?...what kind of a freaking movie is two and a half hours long?
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

dude....just ignore her. She is an attention whore who is looking for the BBD.

(Bigger Better Dick for those who aren't familiar with my teachings)

You are falling into the "friend" category, and at the very least you are enough of a pansy to let some broad walk all over you and treat you like a chump.

Don't answer her IM's. When she messeages you, log off. When she calls, ignore. Then, in about a week call her up, but don't you dare apologize for having not gotten back in touch with her. Tell her you have been "busy" but maybe you guys could hook up later.

She will either come running to you with her pants off, or she will move on, having realized that you aren't going to play her stupid games.

Either way - Man up and don't let this broad pull you around like some pansy lap dog.
    ---------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------

i think you're making yourself too available to her...

she calls you up right before the movie and you're there...she asks you too keep her company when she goes back up to school and you jump at it. and it sounded like from your other posts that you are at her beck and call.

you do that and you'll alwasy get taken for granted. be a little less available. i know all this stuff seems like high school games...but, sadly, it has an affect with a high percentage of girls/women.

Quote Originally Posted by funsounds
    i think you're making yourself too available to her...

she calls you up right before the movie and you're there...she asks you too keep her company when she goes back up to school and you jump at it. and it sounded like from your other posts that you are at her beck and call.

you do that and you'll alwasy get taken for granted. be a little less available. i know all this stuff seems like high school games...but, sadly, it has an affect with a high percentage of girls/women.
    I have to agree 100%. You MUST avoid the 'friend' (the dreaded 'F' word) catagory at all costs. If you ever start a convent, then you'll need a Sister.

I would not call or IM, just let her come to you. If she doesn't someone else will. Sure as the waves hit the shore.

Edited to add: Yeah that seating arrangement would piss me off too, but then I'm sensitive to actions like that.
    Last edited by blackiesharley; 30-12-05 at 09:42 PM.

What movie did you see?
    [URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    She probably DOES just think of you as a friend, in which case she wasn't preoccupied with thoughts of who sits next to whom at a movie. I don't think she needs to be villainized. You guys TEACH women how to treat you, so don't complain when they do what you allow. If you want her to think about you as a possible love interest, listen to funsounds.

Agreed, she says "jump" and you ask "how high?"

Why, when she moved down a couple of seats, did you choose to stay seated and let two people crawl over you reather than move down too?

If you were with family or just a group of friends...wouldn't you have moved?

I think you're putting too much thought into her action...it could have been game playing...but it just might have been that she thought she could see better two seats further in.
    If you don't talk to your cat about Catnip...who will?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    That would have been much less dramatic, vanilla!!

Hey, how hot was this Amy girl? why didn't you make a move on her? Maybe that's what this whole thing was, a setup for you and Amy to get together.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanilla Gilr
    Why, when she moved down a couple of seats, did you choose to stay seated and let two people crawl over you reather than move down too?

If you were with family or just a group of friends...wouldn't you have moved?

I think you're putting too much thought into her action...it could have been game playing...but it just might have been that she thought she could see better two seats further in.
    the guy is trying to figure out if this girl is into him or not. in my experience, and this is just me...if i'm going to the movies with a girl that's in to me, if i sit down, she sits down next to me. or when i've sat down at a spot with a bad view...the girl has grabbed me over to sit by her or said, "hey, come sit next to me."

now...you ask...why didn't he just get up and go sit next to her? or why didn't he say, "hey, come sit by me." well...it's a good thing he didn't. he likes this girl...and he wants her to like him. he's already been pretty subservient. that usually does not make most girls desire that guy.

here's what i'm thinking with them: she only see's him as a friend OR she may be into him a little but it's to the point where she takes him for granted and that's ALWAYS bad...

i wanna add one thing to my last post about being less available to her. doing these things...yes, they really are a form of game playing. like i said, sadly, this type of behavior really does seem to have the desired affect on most girls/women. but here's the thing about all that...i have found that the ones where i have to play games to get them, they lack the sort of maturity at that stage in their life to stick around unless you keep playing the games...and it gets tiring. the ones with whom i've had meaningful, happier relationships with are those with which i never felt like i was playing games...but rather just being me...

I hate women that play games, the last girl I like did that, and I didn't even make a move on her really because I didn't even want to be with someone who was like that. I thought this girl was different, she's not extremely flirty with other guys, and before the movie and after the movie when we were walking to the car and into the movies we still has some pretty good eye contact. But I will take the advice of funsounds, am I kinda pissed off anyways so i dont think it will be too hard to do this. What sucks even worse is that we were never extremely close friends before this break, we hung out maybe once with just the two of us before this break, it was usually me her, and her roomate(I'm good friends with this girl). So I'm pissed off if I am stuck in a friends zone. I guess this means when she does call me and wants to hang out I have to step up the heat once again and see how she reacts. She is obviously at least comfortable with the amount of touching we did last time.

I also still think I made the right move and not switching my seat...that would just make the situation worse, about me being more available to her. Also she didn't do it so she could see the movie any better, no one was sitting in front of us, the theater was pretty empty. And she didn't move down, she moved back, I sat down, Amy sat next to me as the girl I like moved over to sit on the other side of amy, and the guy the sat down next to her, they didn't walk across me we were the first ones down the isle.

Regarding me an Amy, she is good looking, but there was no setup involved, we go the different colleges that would never work out. Also she didn't even introduce me and Amy when I met up with them at the movies, she just assumed I knew who she was.

I just want to know what others would have done not to get in this situation where I'm always there. I like her and she calls and asks if I want to go to the movies, of course I say yes right? I've never called the girl the day after we have hung out. I've never called more than twice a day, i dont even IM her when she gets online, she IM's me. I would love to hear what I did wrong to get in a situation where she might be taking advantage of me?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    She's NOT taking advantage of you!! Stop trying to make yourself a victim. She thinks you are her friend, or maybe she WANTS to get together with you but doesn't know how. Maybe she is waiting for YOU to make the next move so she doesn't risk losing you as a friend or risk misreading your signals.

Why haven't YOU taken some initiative in asking her out? Why are you waiting around for her to contact you if you want to go out with her?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast