+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Cybog's Top 10 Dating tips (7-10)

Cybog's Top 10 Dating tips (7-10)

#7. Absence makes the heart grow fonder – Or some shit.

You ever heard that old saying? It rings true with it comes to dating many, many times. You have probably heard the old guy “3 day rule”. Well, there is a reason for “rules” like those.

When you pelt a woman with admiration and gifts, she eventually will get bored with you and your “cuteness”. Girls don’t want cute, they want adventurous and exciting. Besides, the more money you throw at a woman to try to win her affection is money wasted. If you were to change a woman’s opinion about you because of something you bought her, would you really want to be with someone so freaking shallow?

Women don’t want flowers and candy and jewelry and all that other garbage you guys try to smother women with in the early stages of dating. If they do, or demand it – Run. Fast. The only time things like that should be brought is on RANDOM occasions and for no specific reason. (The exception being birthdays and holidays) Don’t automatically bring a woman flowers on a date, do it at no specific time and for no specific reason. Remember – adventurous and exciting. Boring and “same-ol-same” isn’t the least bit interesting.

#8 Friends first – The LIE people have been telling you.

Girls don’t date their friends. The reason girls and guys become friends, is because when they met or were introduced to each other, one or the other was in a relationship and wasn’t available, OR they guy was too much of a pussy to put the moves down, OR the girl just wasn’t and NEVER WILL be attracted to the guy.

Any girl that pulls the “Lets be friends” or the “I want to do friends first” is a woman who isn’t going to be dating you anytime soon.

Friends = Someone who isn’t going to bang you.

The only time broads bang their friends is when they can’t get ahold of their regular booty calls, or are just coming down from a breakup. Dating friends never works longer than a few months., except maybe 1/100 times.

Girls don’t want any more friends, so stop trying to be “friends first” and then eventually try to get into their pants or date them. The only guys that girl is friends with are the chumps as mentioned above. As soon as you and here become “just friends” it’s over. Move on. Which leads us to #9.

#9 Get over it - She wasn’t worth it anyhow. Rejection is a lie.

I’ve used this analogy before, and it always rings true.

If you got to know 100 women and simply walked up to all 100 of them and straight up asked them to go on a date with you, I guarantee you that quite a few of them would willingly go for it.

My point? If you aren’t actively TRYING to ask people out, what good are you doing?

People are so often afraid of “rejection”, which is why they are afraid to ask the opposite sex out. Rejection of what? I have no idea.

What are you being rejected of? What emotional scar are you going to take with you?

If you are actually getting bent out of shape and scared after manning up and finally asking that girl out, you need a slap in the junk. You finally got up the nerve to ask that chick out - GOOD FOR YOU! Who gives a shit if she says no – You finally worked through all the courage and actually did what millions of guys are too chicken shit to do.

Do you know why fat and ugly people everywhere are constantly getting laid? One of the two people actually ponied up and asked the other one if they wanted to date!

Stop fearing the opposite sex to the point that you are scared to ask them, and simply do it! There is no such thing as rejection.

What will you have lost if they say no?

What are you gaining by NOT asking them, other than self misery for the rest of your life always wondering “what could have been”?

#10. The Love of your life is out there – But where’s Waldo?

Dating is commonly called a game, because it seems like one at times. Some of you are very new to this game, and there are a million “techniques” that people will tell you to do and ways of getting the opposite sex to fall for you.

The truth? Nobody can get you a date faster than yourself. The only way that this game gets any easier is when you play it, and play it for awhile. Sure, it sucks ass sometimes and is difficult and can cause heartaches and heartbreaks. But the more you do it, the more you will realize that understanding the opposite sex isn’t nearly as complicated and complex as you might think it is.

Finding someone you are compatible with is not something that happens overnight. If you find yourself with someone you don’t get along with, it’s time to move on and find someone you DO get along with, preferably BEFORE you get married or start popping out kids.

Don’t give up just because a few broads said they didn’t want to go on a date. Don’t pout and cry just because the person you thought was “The One” said no. Many women who I thought were awesome turned out to be nasally sounding annoying bitches. Always remember - there are tons of women out there who are in the exact same situation you are – You just have to get out there and find them.
    Last edited by Cybog; 12-01-06 at 08:54 AM.
    ---------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------

thanks cy that's great advice. although i have a lot of trouble with the whole friends first thing. i think it's possible to hook up with someone who formerly held friends status. maybe it depends on age. perhaps young people, because they often times don't know what they want, are unclear on the politics of friendship. i don't know, but i myself and many other people that i know have had great relationships with people whom they'd been friends with. ::shrugs::

but there is the "let's just be friends" thing which i think goes away after about 25. what do you think?

i've had no problems transitioning from friends to couples. the harder part is going back to just being friends if it doesn't work out. usually, you drift apart and are no longer as close as friends as you were before.

i agree with the same thing about friends , it will often become a relationship when i have female friends that hang out often with me .

Tone Guest
    Cy, very very nice 10 tips of dating.

Thanks for taking the time to do this, I'm sure it will help a lot of people if they take the time to read and really apply it to their lives.