+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: is there such a thing as staying too much at home ?

is there such a thing as staying too much at home ?

So i was wondering what people have to say on this subject . Basically because im not the type of person that likes to go out at every single weekend . Usually im alright with it IF im in the mood ... wich is rare . So lately iv been going out probably once a month or so wich is nothing compared to how it was before .

So i would just like to know if its normal to stay home most of the time (or being with your GF ... i see it as not going out ) ... most weekends i spend it with my GF if i have one at the time going to places but not clubbing . When im single i prefer not to waste so much money as im a student and cant afford much , so i rarely go out wich has been the case for about 2 months now .

this is what iv been doing for the past 2 months ... all of wich was at home and some rare times i go out

- Play LOTS of video games
    -Doing ALOT of reading
    -Watching a whole lot of soprano's and movies
    -Listening to alot of music
    -The occasional workout (about 1-2 per week)
    -about 5 times i went out with friends (club , movies , bar)
    -Alot of "resting" because im unemployed .
    -alot of LF

... just this last week i restarted school . So is this healthy because i feel like my social skills are getting rusty? ... what do you think i should do? ... remember i dont have alot of money ...i tend to lose touch of my friends because everybody is busy during the semesters (work , study , GF/BF , they also need free time like me)

Aren't you like 17?
    If so, you need to get out more, plain and simple.
    [URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I tend to like being home, too, so I try to force myself to get out. This wasn't really the case for me when I was your age, though.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

yeah, i'm 22 and more of a home type person, but that's because i've created these surroundings, when i was 17, i was kind of the same...

...i can't wait for summer to roll around, and then fall, when i'll be in a new location, and a new outlook

put those video games away, you should be going out more (well, so should i)

I managed to have a lot more social activities going in my 20's. But that was because before that I was attached to a boyfriend, so I felt 'comfortable' adn also I was studying in university a lot. So those things combined kept me at home. Then when we broke up I went out a lot more.

It doesn't sound like you're too bad though. You have friends, you keep in touch with them. You're going to school. And you do things that are good for you ie: reading, playing and listening to music, etc.

your list of what you've been doing sounds like what most people would like to be doing anyhow. so, why are you worried about it? if you feel you're losing touch with you're friends, why don't you watch movies or play video games with them? there's no need to go out and spend money you haven't got if you'd rather stay at home anyway.

actually im not 17 im 19 ... i dont play like you guys think , i have sleep problems so what else can i do at 2 am everyday (i sleep a max of 6 hours per day , usually 4 or 5 ).

i do have a social life (recently has been slow only) but the problem is that i live in place thats very far away from most things ... i was injured and i had to stop working ... its NOT like i know nobody and i cant catch a date and decide to stay home everyday and just play video games all day long .

the thing about my friends (i dont know why im typing this its written BEFORE !!!) its that everybody is busy , when i have school they have school , they work , im busy traveling ... so since we all have our different lives and it doesnt revolve around us ... so we dont hear from each other much during semesters .

i clearly wrote >>>>>>>> So lately iv been going out probably once a month or so wich is nothing compared to how it was before .
    <<<<<<<<<<<<< .HELLOOOOOOO , doesnt anybody have reading skills anymore ?!?!?!?!?

believe me , there was a time when i was never home , even for family events ... that lasted 2 years , now im back ... see its like life makes a rotation with things . A couple of months im soo busy i cant afford a minute to spare and im stressed , the next couple of months go by slowly and i have loads of free time and i get bored(hence now)

and its funny when ppl say "yea just get out more often thats all" like Lloyd ... sure i can do that but WTF will i do outside standing around like a jerk ?!?! Yes i can do things like join a gym ($$$) or go take some class($$$) ... but heck no im not voluntering .

wtv i understand myself , even tho i clearly said so many things in plain English , i cant comprehend how nobody can read these things properly here ...since when do ppl think im 17 ?!?! ppl say one min "ohh LV you always drink , you get drunk too often" (i go clubbing , its even written on THIS thread!!!!!!!! yea 17 and clubbing ... right!) ... suddenly im as young as lilwang ?!?! geez what next , you guys are gonna confuse me with sticking cucumbers up my ass . i dont know if its me but sometimes you guys have horrible reading skills .

Calm down, mate. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer
    Converse, you are exceptional value on this forum.

its funny when ppl say calm down and they think anger and tone of saying something is written . its writing , its not like you can hear my voice , thing is i was laughing half of the time i was typing that before ...mate .

EDIT: Nevermind, that post wasn't even meant to sound harsh.
    Last edited by Converse; 13-02-06 at 06:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer
    Converse, you are exceptional value on this forum.

LV, but I guess that I have been in a similar position to you. Only different. I'm a stay at home sort of guy, which in itself doesn't bother me, and used to spend heaps of time with mates, on and off, depending upon girlfriends, boyfriends and what ever came up. Went into town on the occaision for something different. But you do need your own space sometimes. If your happy, then why stress about it. At least you still have your mates around you. Mine are now 5 hours away. Oh... one more thing, define "normal"
    It's like in the Seinfeld episode where...

go to a bar, get drunk, meet new people then hang out with them if your friends are busy.

Quote Originally Posted by Late_vamp
    its funny when ppl say calm down and they think anger and tone of saying something is written . its writing , its not like you can hear my voice , thing is i was laughing half of the time i was typing that before ...mate .

Exactly, writing doesn't carry no tone. So how should Converse know whether you were "angry" or not? Because like you said "its writing , its not like you can hear my voice" ...mate.

Wait, you ask for our thoughts/comments then insult us? Nice move. No wonder you stay inside and have no friends. Asshat.
    [URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd95
    Wait, you ask for our thoughts/comments then insult us? Nice move. No wonder you stay inside and have no friends. Asshat.
    i didnt insult , i was just saying that you couldnt read ... asshat ... geez lloyd ... real mature of your part ... oh wait its Lloyd right , what was i thinking .

i dont stay inside because nobody wants to go out with me, its not that , im just a person that takes alot to impress , so the usual club scene is kind of dull for me , so why waste money (especially since im not full of cash) go out and be bored .
    thats what happens 90% of the time , i go out and even if something eventfull happens , it doesnt seem to satisfy me . i have friends , and not to brag but quite alot everywhere around the city , downtown , west side , east side , suburbs ... its just that for some reason when they ask me to come i usually say no because it doesnt attract me that much . Its funny because most ppl want to hang out with me but i always shut down their offer , but its only because id rather stay home and know im gonna have an average time than having a shitty time and paying for it .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast