+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should I call one more time?

Should I call one more time?

Most of you regulars know that I met what I thought was a really special girl (the Sharon Tate one) last Saturday night. After some difficulty (see the 'Cell Phone' thread) I left a lite, funny message.

She never called me back.

Should I give it one more try or forget it?

50% of me says forget it.
    50% of me says give it one more shot.

Votes please.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I vote you try one more time (just in case she didn't get your message), but after that, forget it.

Since you are older than 16, I am guessing she wouldn't have given you her number if she didn't want you to call. I am hoping she just missed your call, or maybe you forgot to leave your number? Or you didn't speak clearly, and so she couldn't catch your number? Who knows...
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

i agree with vashti.

Yeah, now I'm leaning towards 51% giving it one (and ONLY one) more shot.

Keep the votes coming though....

when did you call her?

Quote Originally Posted by misombra
    when did you call her?

Last Tuesday afternoon.

Also since then I've had more than the usual amount of hang-ups on my voice mail when I've been out. Just guessing here, but she did seem really shy.

I'm now at 52%.
    Last edited by blackiesharley; 25-02-06 at 10:46 PM.

yeah, call her again and that's it.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by blackiesharley

Also since then I've had more than the usual amount of hang-ups on my voice mail when I've been out. Just guessing here, but she did seem really shy.
    When you call her again, tell her when you can be reached. It isn't easy to call a man, you know.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti
    When you call her again, tell her when you can be reached. It isn't easy to call a man, you know.
    Both good points. Not stereo-typing, but Southern women seem a little more 'reserved' as well. I'm used to L.A./N.Y. women. LOL. Could be a factor.

I'll call her later. Once.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'm an L.A. woman, blackie, and I would never call you, even if I liked you. I am a big chicken, and I would be afraid you wouldn't remember me or weren't interested anymore.

:-(

Quote Originally Posted by vashti
    I'm an L.A. woman, blackie, and I would never call you, even if I liked you. I am a big chicken, and I would be afraid you wouldn't remember me or weren't interested anymore.

:-(
    I thought you DID like me...

Oh, I see what you're saying. LOL.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by blackiesharley
    I thought you DID like me...

Oh, I see what you're saying. LOL.
    Of course I like you! You are one of the few regulars that are older than me!!

But I still wouldn't call you.
    :-D

Yah, definitely try again. The good thing about this...you don't have anything (or very little) invested in it at this point, so you really have nothing to lose by calling her again.

Truth be told, though - I danced and talked with a guy the other night, and gave him my phone number. If I recall, I was probably the one to suggest he take my phone #. Now that he has phoned I'm debating if I'm really all that bothered about phoning and going out with some guy I've only met once in a bar.

Erm, interesting thread, I can kinda see my situation reflected on this. Mini-rant: ARE PEOPLE THIS F*CKING INDECISIVE??? WHY GIVE PPL YOUR # OR TELL THEM TO CALL THEN BLOW 'EM OFF AGAIN???? .....ok

Blackie: try one (and just one) more time. shouldn't be putting in more than you get... *psst* don't give your phone # to vashti then, *you'd* have to call her if you wanna reach her

Vashti: a guy can remember you and know things you didn't even tell him and still not be interested...............or not interested enough to get rid of whatever obstacles are in the way...

Clynn: what d'u have to lose? Just don't give the 'freaky ju-ju' up before you know what his real intentions are.

Are ppl this hesitant about going out with someone they don't know that well? It makes me wonder.....

Quote Originally Posted by doll69
    Are ppl this hesitant about going out with someone they don't know that well? It makes me wonder.....
    Yeah exactly. How do you get to know somebody otherwise? I'm not asking her to f**king marry me, in fact I haven't ask anything at all, just called to say *hi.*

I DID this minute call her again and left a brief, lite, kinda funny message.

We'll see what happens. No big deal but I gave it a second (and last) shot.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast