+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Hard to get? seems unlikely at this point

Hard to get? seems unlikely at this point

Reading some of the other topics, I saw someone's comment that when girls play hard to get, they (the guy writing) just forget it. However, so many other guys have said that if you act too interested, they feel smothered and run in the other direction. I'm trying to figure out the balance, and I feel like I'm a bit on the clingy side.

I've been trying to stay in contact with the guy that I like, who kissed me a few weeks ago but then hasn't said ANYTHING about it since then. I don't think I gave him the impression I wasn't interested, because I TOLD him "I really, really like you" (but I did stop the kissing because I didn't want it to go to far when I didn't even know how he felt. Sorry for the people who have heard this story 5 times.)

Anyway, since then, we've had a few good (unrelated to relationship) conversations, and he's suggested getting together to hang out. When I suggest hanging out, he'll say "OK, give me a call at such-and-such a time tonight" rather than saying he'll call me. I'm not sure what to do when he says this, because as enthusiastic as he is about getting together, he never returns calls and I feel like I'm talking rather pathetically to his voicemail. Any suggestions on achieving that balance between stalker and hard-to-get?

King Zarathu Guest
    You said you stopped the kissing...does this mean in the middle of it, or did you stop doing it after that?

I say kiss him again, that might get his attention.

Any suggestions on achieving that balance between stalker and hard-to-get?
    LOL...

I think you hit it on the head - there has to be balance. You know that too much of a good thing...and so on.

But, don't forget that that balance also factors in how much he is into you, how much history you’ve had, etc.
    Think of it as scales. On one side put how much he is into you, on the other, clinginess, etc. If he likes you a lot...and you're clingy, you still might not tip the scales and have him pull away. The more he likes you, the more power you have. The more power you have, the more you can get away with (the more "baggage" you can put on those "scales").
    Last edited by JohnMalkovich; 21-03-06 at 12:12 PM.
    "Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia"

Quote Originally Posted by LTsK8eR2gO
    You said you stopped the kissing...does this mean in the middle of it, or did you stop doing it after that?

I say kiss him again, that might get his attention.
    Hahah. I'm sure it would...

I stopped it kind of in the middle, when he started to pull me back away from the door, and said the whole spiel about not knowing what he wanted. (He said he'd think about it.)

So I kind of feel like kissing him again might continue the mixed-message-sending...

King Zarathu Guest
    Ah, I see. Well, if I were the lucky one kissing your foosball-playing self and you pushed me off I'd definitely back off--a lot.

Maybe you should avoid games entirely and just tell him everything that's been going on in this thread