+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Friends after feelings?

Friends after feelings?

Here's the synopsis: In the past year I have become extremely good friends with a girl I met... we completely trusted eachother, and she told me she felt comfortable talking to me about anything. I began to like her as more than a friend. I was afraid to tell her anything because of our friendship. I got to the point where I had such strong feelings that I couldn't hold it in anymore and told her. She did not feel the same way. She said that we could still be good friends and hang out though. Things were akward for a while, and I could tell she didn't feel the same towards me as she used to. I talked to her about it, and she said two things: One, she was afraid of leading me on, and two, she felt uncomfortable around me after I told her. I tried to convince her that she was clear and wouldn't lead me on, and that I was happy being her friend, but Im not sure it worked. Things started to get a little better, but I had a moment of jealousy which revealed to us both that maybe I was not in fact ok being just her friend. I told her I needed to stay away from her for a while to think about things. Her friendship means so much to me that I want to have it at almost all costs. But I know in order to get it, I need to get over her, and she needs to believe I am over her. And even then, I question whether she'll even want to be my friend again (will she believe that I'm over her?). Is it possible to maintain a good friendship after already telling her how I feel? What should I do, I'm so lost and confused?

anakin8823------For as long as you post on this board, asking members what you should do about your situation......you won't be in a state to "just be a friend" to her. Reason being, you're too wrapped up in what she thinks, what we think, what you think, etc etc.

When you wake up one day and your feelings for her are totally gone, and you don't need the forum's advise, that day will be the day when you can start being friends with her again. Reason being, you won't care about what she thinks anymore. That's the day when you'll be able to hang out with her (and maybe her new boyfriend) and be totally at ease.

If you can get to this point, I think you guys can be friends again.

Chlorine is really smart.

Yep; she's my favorite.
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis