+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Ive done something stupid

Ive done something stupid

Those who may have read my previous threads will know what im talking bout but i can start again with something stupid i just did

I had a study session organised with a chic, but she just had to cancel due to her parents staying with her for rest on week.

she didnt organise another one.

at this study session i had planned to ask her out for a few drinks to celebrate her birthday last week.

In my haste, i replied to her sms and pretty much said

" thats ok. I was also gonna see if you wanted to meet up for drinks one night, i owe you some for your birthday. if u'd want to, Let me know and we can organise sumfin."

have i just destroyed any chances with her, im looking at it as looking desperate and pathetic. I never wanted to ask this kinda stuff over a sms, im much better at it face to face, but i was left with no choice

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    The only mistake I see here is that you wrote "sumfin" instead of "something". Honestly, that would irritate me more than anything else you wrote.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

painfulheart-----Why not just pick up the phone and ask her directly?

Id just finished work, and was checking messages as i drove home (11.30 pm) replied whilst driving, so too late to ring

thought if i dont reply or say something itll bug me till morning (no sleep)

I think that if you two like (loved) each other, she won't mind in the slightest if you sounded desperate for her. I mean, won't she appreciate that?

For those interested i got reply back and i guess its on a positive note.

her reply was pretty much

" thats sounds good, we can organise when we get back (to uni in 1 week), might have to be in a while tho cos im not a big drinker and drank a bit on sat, and wont feel like it for a while"

at first i thought it was a polite no, but reading again, it does sound more on positive side

tho in the back of mind i keep thinking (negative as i am) its just a reply thats pushes the 'problem' further down track for her