+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Sad notes

Sad notes

I was talking to a guy for a few weeks. He's been giving me hints that he doesn't have enough time for friends, and that he needs a girl. I've told him that I do not want to be in a relationship since I just got out of one. It went on for about a week.

I know he really did like me, and I probably broke his pride and feelings in some way (he's a leo). What I don't understand is after I told him "I want to take my time, and not rush in a relationship" why did he just stop talking to me? Why couldn't he just respect that and let me take my time?

I called him yesterday and he told me that he would call me back... Well... That was a lie.

I don't understand why a man can't call a female and say " I don't want to talk to you anymore". WHY DO MEN ACT LIKE THIS and what can I do to fix it?

Doesn't he understand that I like him but I was afraid of getting hurt. Does he know now I am sitting here wondering and taking all types of guess why he decided not to talk to me. Doesn't he care that it's killing me. All I can say is thank God I did not have sex with him!

Quote Originally Posted by sweetee
    I was talking to a guy for a few weeks. He's been giving me hints that he doesn't have enough time for friends, and that he needs a girl. I've told him that I do not want to be in a relationship since I just got out of one. It went on for about a week.

I know he really did like me, and I probably broke his pride and feelings in some way (he's a leo). What I don't understand is after I told him "I want to take my time, and not rush in a relationship" why did he just stop talking to me? Why couldn't he just respect that and let me take my time?

I called him yesterday and he told me that he would call me back... Well... That was a lie.

I don't understand why a man can't call a female and say " I don't want to talk to you anymore". WHY DO MEN ACT LIKE THIS and what can I do to fix it?

Doesn't he understand that I like him but I was afraid of getting hurt. Does he know now I am sitting here wondering and taking all types of guess why he decided not to talk to me. Doesn't he care that it's killing me. All I can say is thank God I did not have sex with him!
    Just so you know, plenty of females do the same. But yeah maybe he took it as a no for sure, maybe talk to him again in an attempt to make more clear? Only other answer and I hope im wrong is he is an ass hole and wants what he wants there and then.

King Zarathu Guest
    Your post, quite honestly, made me laugh.

You can obviously see he's behaving very immaturely, so why continue to worry about him? Just forget it. Just as you said "thank God I did not have sex with him!"

Imagine what a relationship with this guy would be like O_O.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I don't think he is being an asshole. He told you he was interested in having a girlfriend. You told him you were not interested in having a boyfriend. What did you expect him to do? Beg?

Next time, say what you mean. This kind of behavior on your part is very unfair towards men, and they grow to resent women who play these games.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti
    I don't think he is being an asshole. He told you he was interested in having a girlfriend. You told him you were not interested in having a boyfriend. What did you expect him to do? Beg?

Next time, say what you mean. This kind of behavior on your part is very unfair towards men, and they grow to resent women who play these games.

Exactly, you should say what you want. Not that you want to wait for a while, he dont know you enuff to want to wait or especialy if you tell him no of corse he is not going to wait.

I know he was being honest, and wanted something I couldn't give right now. I also know now that he's an asshole. I'm just torn up about the fact that he didn't call me and tell me. I rather hear the truth then be ignored. I just hate all forms of rejections.

King Zarathu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetee
    I just hate all forms of rejections.
    Funny that you say that...

BINGO.

This is exactly the kind of scenario that leaves guys scratching their heads wondering what the hell is wrong with women in general (no offense to any of you fine ladies reading, of course).

Like vashti said, he expressed interest, you told him no. Most guys will see that for the rejection it is, as what you told him is a very commonly used "I have no plans of ever dating you but don't want to sound mean" phrase.

The reason he's not calling you to explicity say "I don't want to talk to you anymore" is the same reason a girl tells a guy "I don't think I'm ready for a relationship" instead of telling them flat out "I'm not interested in you."

Ah, the games we must play.
    Last edited by RogerWilco; 23-04-06 at 07:07 AM.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I pity men having to put up with women. Lots of us are just plain crazy.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I pity men having to put up with women. Lots of us are just plain crazy.

I'm glad one of you was finally gracious enough to admit this. Reps for you.

I think women are crazy to, can I get a brownie? lol.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by HeyYouGuy
    I think women are crazy to, can I get a brownie? lol.
    No, because you said "women are crazy" but not ALL of us are, just many of us.

Maybe next time. lol

argh!

I hate these games.

I really hate these games. And women who play them and toy with your emotions make me cry

Quote Originally Posted by HarryJ
    argh!

I hate these games.

I really hate these games. And women who play them and toy with your emotions make me cry
    love stinks alot....alot.... alot..... it's one of dem lonely nights .